Racial Distribution

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Lauriert
Master

Racial Distribution

#1 Post by Lauriert » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:35 pm

I've noticed that the frequency of the races as they're played doesn't quite seem to match expectation according to the lore. Here is, from most to least common, the races as played by the playerbase.
Elves/Darkelves
Humans
Half-Elves
Dwarves
Tshaharks
Halflings

Here's how the race distribution would be expected to play out according to lore.
Humans
Tshaharks
Dwarves
Elves/Darkelves
Half-Elves
Halflings

For this I considered the speed of breeding for each race and whether or not they have a settlement in Forostar. Half-elves are near the bottom and arguably could be at the bottom because they are infertile and only happen in special circumstances. Halflings are at the bottom because they have no settlement in Forostar. Humans and tshaharks are near the top because of how quickly they reproduce. Dwarves are in the middle with elves under them. I lump darkelves with elves because they're biologically the same.

The top list shows the popularity of the races and how often they occur in practice. I'm not sure why elves are so dominant. I think the popularity might have something to do with mechanics, whether perceived or factual.

Delia
Overlord

Re: Racial Distribution

#2 Post by Delia » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:34 am

Elves just have the sex appeal. If there was a furry option available you'd see tons of them.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Melendil
Veteran

Re: Racial Distribution

#3 Post by Melendil » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:51 am

I lump darkelves with elves because they're biologically the same.
Pretty sure darkelves are also infertile. They repopulated by kidnapping children and corrupting them
Halflings are at the bottom because they have no settlement in Forostar.
There are always more halflings than there appear to be :D