Guilds & Accepting People

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Olrane
Champion

Re: Guilds & Accepting People

#81 Post by Olrane » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:19 pm

There are not hard-coded guild skills for a reason. This is a classless MUD. I never want to see Thief, Ranger, Paladin, and Cleric running around this mud. It's silly to think that every Ranger should use knife, spear, and bow. Why should anyone in any guild be stuck on just the guild weapons? Why should there be no variation?

I agree that non-backstab skills were very fishy for the Rangers to use...except for maybe trap skills, which unfortunately I saw few using.

Backstab was accepted and promoted by the players of "good" characters at the time. It was an expected special to be used, especially in a guild with "knife" as one of its guild weapon classes.

Rangers are probably the closest thing to lawful thieves as far as a skill suite goes. Other thief skills are certainly considered non-lawful, and backstab has become considered such.

Let's please stop making attacks on people and harassing them for perceived bad roleplay. It's getting ridiculous in here. If someone's not currently roleplaying in a way that you think is proper, try to deal with it IC. If it's so badly roleplayed that it's abusive of the system, maybe you should tell the playerarch, I don't know. But going on an endless attack here about things that were a bit off in the past but are now mostly fixed is just going to make people upset with you.

Herst
Master

#82 Post by Herst » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:27 pm

I believe those that had to personally clean up the mess have a right to voice their opinion about it. In fact, it was so horrible IC it almost destroyed the guild completely and it would not be surprising if the guild was actually deleted for it.

Talking about the events of the past and what caused them will help to not recreate them. The fact that people still argue against this shows that the lesson was not really learned.

Drake
Wizard

#83 Post by Drake » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:34 pm

I think this discussion has gone on long enough.

As soon as I get a moment I'll be seperating this thread into the original topic and what it degraded into.

I'm sure we can all agree with which part of it is over.

Drake
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.