The Purpose Of Guilds

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

ganandorf
Overlord

Re: The Purpose Of Guilds

#21 Post by ganandorf » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:59 am

3)Druids: Useless unless you like trees and bunnies. They play the pacifists who protect nature.

Why even bother discussing druids? They are completely useless currently, of course that might be because they have no active members, the fact that they are a dead guild is also proof that they were quite useless or needed upgrade (thats my take on it anyhow).

Crusaders, Taniel clerics vs. Sathonys Clerics, The order
Destroy eachother. Destroy creatures of the the other, The order does only god and the wizards know what.

Rangers: So far they seem to be doing nothing really, except assisting the taniels in killing sathonites, They may be around to help the occasional person but hell who doesnt do that? Forest protection is done by crusaders and tanielites now as well through laws and stuff. Though because i dont play one, and never have, This is all my thoughts.

Shaolin- Actually TBH one of the most original guilds, they do not have a group goal, everything is based around individual goals, Others might say they are a useless bunch and only there for skill whorers (obviously many people have gone through the shaolin just to raise skills and stats) But they're all about roleplay. If you have played one and still think they are useless then They are not the right guild for you.

Asral Clergy: They have been pretty sketch lately so i refrain from commenting.
Meow

stilgar
Champion

#22 Post by stilgar » Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:40 am

luminier wrote: Asrals, they do alright, i think it would honestly be better if they weren't like fantatical shaolin... they need to be at war more often... or always, ideally imo.
Herst wrote:Boring! Boring!

My points on this matter..

Imagine a world, when you often awake to find your Fort empty all the guards killed. Any time you encounter a "supposed enemy" some friends appear and you are beaten. You shout "Crusade" or "Sathonys" and recognise three Asrals or Shaolin appear and kicks the hell out of you, laugh at you pat your head and sends you back to "Mum and Dad". You mention "holy war" or "evil" and they promise you you'll have your fort burned, and you know you can't stop them. Or if you're not awake, expect your Fort burned down :wink:

Of course You can always say: hey its and RP MUD you'll have to live with that... but I simply think you would not like it. This happened to Sathos a lot of time, happened to Taniels and trust me.. no player liked it to happen to his char. That is why I mentioned a re-work for "fencesit" guilds. I bet the Shaolin would PvP like hell if they could break bones in PvP like they break against NPCs. Trust me if Asral guards could defend their Fort against a coordinated Taniel-Crusade attack they'd fight you more often. Without a safe haven you simply don't have much chance in PvP. (see threads about Death & Value of life or threads declaring chars need a safe training place :wink: )

And no.. this is not "another request for enpowering Asrals or the Shao-lin" its simply some explanation to see what are their motives when they avoid PvP.

Although.. if you tell me the Crusade, the Taniels or the Sathos would NEVER EVER attack their guildplaces in retaliation for their attacks on you I'd say you were right :wink:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

luminier
Overlord

#23 Post by luminier » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:15 am

"coorindinated taniel-crusader" attacks are a tad harder to achieve than you would think.

anyways I am amazed as to how the guards at the asral fort fight 4 insects and die almost always, even when asrals are awake to help defend. everytime i play an asral is on. if insects attacked the crusader castle I would laugh ride over there and destory them in seconds. but i think their problem is dependant on something else... and if im right, they certainly have enough clerics to fix it.

why can't the asrals do the same? im not even on all the time. Do they not get warning as to when the fort is being attacked? and why in gods name don't they have a gate. yes it is an abandoned fort, but was the lack of a gate really needed?

i agree the lack of a place to run sucks, ive been in that situation. (especially when people tell you ... (screw it thats another rant)...) but perhaps the asrals could be changed slightly, i mean the game is chaging several guilds have changed or are in the process of changing. im sure the members could find some good improvements. a gate would be nice I think. as well as a solid attempt to improve -certain- things that are IC.

recently, i've tried using everything that I have at my disposal and it had made me fairly powerful. I do like to play solo more than in teams but I have even been learning slowly how to fight in teams better. you could even go as far as to say ***PoLuminier got a 'team combat' improvement***. but using everything is so so so key. you have things for a reason in a guild and it's important to use them all.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

isengoo
Champion

#24 Post by isengoo » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:47 am

Well, our guards are pretty crappy. I won't get into specifics, but just trust me when I say that.

A gate would be awesome :P

ganandorf
Overlord

#25 Post by ganandorf » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:05 pm

I've seen the 3 (4?) of them taken out by 4 insects, Being the clerics of war, i think they really need to be beefed up.
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#26 Post by luminier » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Insects should attack everyone in my opinion. More of a need to find and destroy the source.

ganandorf
Overlord

#27 Post by ganandorf » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:59 pm

Read the history file somewhere, theres a reason it is why it is
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#28 Post by luminier » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:01 pm

I realize they attack because Insects are probably controlled by Sathonys who hates humans who fled to Asral and Asral. But Im sure Sathonys hates the Crusade and the Taniel Clergy as well.

ganandorf
Overlord

#29 Post by ganandorf » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Insects are i believe used by sathonys for a SPECIFIC purpose. He wnats revenge on the asrals and arborea for obvious reasons, and the insects are how he gets it. If you get in their way as a taniel sure theyll kill you too
Meow