Arborea - land of standing targets

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Herst
Master

Re: Arborea - land of standing targets

#41 Post by Herst » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:49 am

As a human, and priest of my creator I should have an extreme vendetta against the blimey thief Asral anyways. He stole my beloved race away from their powerful creator. Evren gave them the freewill to do it, so that fools disciples are targeted as well.

We all know the Druids and Asralites hold hands, skip and sing songs together. So, Arborea is the best place to find them ;)

Oh yeah, halfling is the most tender. Elves taste more like berries and nuts. I guess they have the same diet as squirrels.

luminier
Overlord

#42 Post by luminier » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:53 am

Asral stole Sathonys followers. Sathonys doesn't like it when you make him mad. In fact he gets very mad. He sends his slaves to kill you repeatedly, and from what I've seen, leave undead outside your fort. His slaves are smart and strong and don't fight unless they know they can win. They all roleplay well, they do their job EXCEPTIONALLY. They are the very essence of what it is to be a successful Sathonys Cleric.

What do the Asrals have to show? I sincerely hope this "laughing at undeads and going to kill ogres" crap isn't true because if it is, thats just ... bad roleplay. The only reason the Taniels fight Sathonys at all is because so frequently they target innocent followers of the Good Gods. The Sathonys Clerics are clearly targetting Asral Clerics for a reason. Asrals also have little to no tactics from what I've heard, although they seem to be realizing they are at war, very slowly. Communication is very key.

Think of it this way. The Sathonys Cleric is a small army. The Crusade/Taniel Clergy/Asral Clergy/Elvandar/Arborea is a pretty damn large army. Now, if I were a smaller army taking on this massive army, I would divide and conquer. If Arborea and the Asrals are the weakest link in this equation, well I'd aim for that and cripple it alot. I would do this because if you cripple a part of a large army, the other parts of it come falling in, and they will get some losses too. And in the end, it's a win for the smaller army.

So Ill keep doing what I'm doing, roleplaying and such, Sathonys should definately keep what they do up, and if Asrals keep going the way they are going, they could be headed to the delete bin, which would suck, Asrals are cool.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

luminier
Overlord

#43 Post by luminier » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:55 am

Yoda wrote:*makes a horizontal hand gesture*

These are not the elves you are looking for.

*Waves lance through the air*

These are not the Crusaders you are looking for.

*Looks and sees Ganon dead with his throat ripped open*

ganandorf
Overlord

#44 Post by ganandorf » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:57 am

Your Jedi mind tricks will not work on me.
Meow

ganandorf
Overlord

#45 Post by ganandorf » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:59 am

In regards to the asrals walking by our undeads and going to kill ogres unfortunately it is true. They walked right past four undeasd, into the ogre cauldron and proceeded to kill ogres and make their way to the troll caves.
Meow

ganandorf
Overlord

#46 Post by ganandorf » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:01 am

And again this is the same thing that happened in a nother topic. You all keep saying the asrals should do this, asrals shouldnt do that. Go play your asralite alts and "show" the asrals how it should be done instead of sitting on the forum making third party comments of which make no difference in the game.
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#47 Post by luminier » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:03 am

ganandorf wrote:And again this is the same thing that happened in a nother topic. You all keep saying the asrals should do this, asrals shouldnt do that. Go play your asralite alts and "show" the asrals how it should be done instead of sitting on the forum making third party comments of which make no difference in the game.

Honestly I did try. I spent many hours. Granted I couldn't tried harder but I just felt it wasn't worth it. Then apparently even Tessa tried. And When she says she tried, Im inclinded to believe her since shes got the history of giving it the college try.

stilgar
Champion

#48 Post by stilgar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:13 am

ganandorf wrote:After evren Sathonys' second greatest enemy is Asral NOT Taniel. Asral is the one that stole the humans from Sathonys or whatever the correct term is not Taniel.

In Fact, We SHOULD be attacking arborea over and over and over again. And leave elvandar be. Instead of attacking elvandar, and leaving asrals be.
Agreed with the exception Sathonys steals the souls from Asral :twisted:

Lumi's strategic analysis was correct, that is why I said I have nothing to blame on Crussies, Taniels or Sathos :wink:

If you have no laws or background somewhere you are free to play for it and create it :wink: I still think its a lot better solution than shouting from the outside (I don't mean those playing actively involved, they have all the right to express if they think things could be done a lot better on the other side as we are all here to find more fun :wink: ) and complain about how badly things go.
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

Herst
Master

#49 Post by Herst » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:17 am

I think the problem is that people are not treating the threat as serious as it is.
They treat it like a joke, when it is...........a threat.

I may regret telling you this, but take some more action!

*Now I wait to be lynched to death*

stilgar
Champion

#50 Post by stilgar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:26 am

luminier wrote:Honestly I did try. I spent many hours. Granted I couldn't tried harder but I just felt it wasn't worth it. Then apparently even Tessa tried. And When she says she tried, Im inclinded to believe her since shes got the history of giving it the college try.
Without at least 10-15 online days its a waste of time really, even with 10-15 days you have to extremely powerplay to be able to reach the basic level for the league of the conflict goes on right now. Not to mention have to be aware of how the character should be improved to prove a capable challenge in the mid-high, high level conflicts for the other sides. :wink:

If you invested that much, you can start to get involved into the conflict and RP :wink: Up to that point you are nowhere near to change anything, so its definiately not easy :mrgreen:

sun
Master

#51 Post by sun » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:31 am

stilgar wrote:ps: Tessa: you are free to play an Asral and show to the rest how things should be :wink:
If you ever tried to play an Asral you know how much effort they put into shallow RP to the maximum extent possible. They're (not all) essentially just chat-room versions of themselves. There's no reason to make such a huge sacrifice to play so much time without RP just to prove a point. And as long as the leadership of that guild is not making any progress, it's hard to change things even if you do make one. The problem of removing the current one is impossible. Even with a code system like some other guilds have for that, it would be very hard. But even then the possibility does not exist.

As for the Sathos laying Arborea under siege, I think it makes sense. It's for RP reasons not "because Elvandar is too hard".

Yoda
Wizard

#52 Post by Yoda » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:32 am

SKILL: diplomacy SKILL: 0 KNOWLEDGE: 0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diplomacy enables you to influence GEAS events without a high stats score!

tessa
Overlord

#53 Post by tessa » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:32 am

As an afterthought, I have to wonder. Sathos are criticized for not attacking Gwen or Evren shrines, yet what about Asrals? Gwen is the arch-enemy of Asral, and the Druids, who share an almost identical lifestyle to Gwennies (except the fact that not all Gwennies condone fighting, whereas Druids do, making them even worse), may as well be considered the same. Saying they don't attack either shrine because Tanielites will stomp them sounds like a fair reason, yet sounds like a similar reason for saying Sathos "fail" because they attack only Arborea (to avoid Tanielite stomping).

I will eventually try the Asrals a fourth time if need be, but I haven't found much fun going down this road yet. Nor do I have the time and effort to powergame my way to the proper size of a pvp character so I can fill the role of people like Atimus or others. While some people may have the time or motivation to train 6 hours a day, I don't. Especially with little or no RP to break the tedious and often solitary grinding process.
I still think its a lot better solution than shouting from the outside (I don't mean those playing actively involved, they have all the right to express if they think things could be done a lot better on the other side as we are all here to find more fun ) and complain about how badly things go.
Perhaps you could clarify who you're disagreeing with. In the event it's me, entertain my thoughts of how 4+ years of active playing entitles me to no opinion, and how you're aware of what I do and learn in or outside of the game with any given character of mine to make such a claim. If it's not me, then carry on, though still with the suggestion of mentioning who you're disagreeing with, since beating around the bush with snide remarks and winks is hardly a way to resolve such an apparent problem.

stilgar
Champion

#54 Post by stilgar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:44 am

tessa wrote:
I still think its a lot better solution than shouting from the outside (I don't mean those playing actively involved, they have all the right to express if they think things could be done a lot better on the other side as we are all here to find more fun ) and complain about how badly things go.
Perhaps you could clarify who you're disagreeing with. In the event it's me, entertain my thoughts of how 4+ years of active playing entitles me to no opinion, and how you're aware of what I do and learn in or outside of the game with any given character of mine to make such a claim. If it's not me, then carry on, though still with the suggestion of mentioning who you're disagreeing with, since beating around the bush with snide remarks and winks is hardly a way to resolve such an apparent problem.
You pick the easier way. So simple. That is what I mean :wink: You and a lot of other people here state you are not willing to put so much effort in it and expect others to do so. So easy. Seems clear enough for me :wink:

I think I never said you have no rights to express your opinion, you are free to, I simply said its always a lot easier to complain than act :wink:

And no.. in this case it does not matter how much active play you have in GEAS :twisted:

stilgar
Champion

#55 Post by stilgar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:47 am

Yoda wrote:SKILL: diplomacy SKILL: 0 KNOWLEDGE: 0
smile yoda
agree yoda
thank yoda

Stilgar smiles at Yoda
Stilgar agrees with Yoda
Stilgar thanks Yoda

sun
Master

#56 Post by sun » Fri Dec 12, 2008 4:59 am

Yoda wrote:SKILL: diplomacy SKILL: 0 KNOWLEDGE: 0
Kind of depends on how fucked up it is from the start, doesn't it.

sun
Master

#57 Post by sun » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:10 am

stilgar wrote:You pick the easier way. So simple. That is what I mean :wink: You and a lot of other people here state you are not willing to put so much effort in it and expect others to do so. So easy. Seems clear enough for me :wink:
When are you going to stop blurt out all this bull stilgar? Statement after statement of ignorant claims. I start to believe you do it for entertainment? I had it confessed to me OOC from some of the asrals that they are not roleplaying by will. I'll let them be anonymous. As for claiming others are not putting effort into things without any chance of even knowing that is the case, is just stupid. Get your facts straight. There are people who spent more time to this game than you did in your entire "career" (especially considering how short time you played this game, and yes I know that). The problem still remains. When somebody admittedly plays chat-room versions of themselves while leading a guild you are in a fucked up situation in every possible way in either case. Get in the game for crise sake. You're saying people aren't putting anything into it while you have no clue. It's just stupid.

tessa
Overlord

#58 Post by tessa » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:22 am

stilgar wrote:You pick the easier way. So simple. That is what I mean :wink: You and a lot of other people here state you are not willing to put so much effort in it and expect others to do so. So easy. Seems clear enough for me
There's a difference between building up a character and thinking or carrying out given responsibilities. Refer to this post, specifically the numerals, to get a general idea of what would help the Asrals. And forgive me, but I think these things would be easier to do for a 6-hour-a-day main char than a 2-hour-a-week secondary char. And it's not because I don't want to give the effort to RP an Asral, but because I don't feel like spending 20-30 literal days of my life slaying some thousands of ogres and trolls so I can be in the position to hold the hands of people that can't perform even the most rudiment tasks (note: numerals in post) expected in a guild.

You've complained about the Sathos attacking Arborea and not Elvandar. Does this mean you're currently playing your own Satho to show them the right way? Or are you just complaining without putting any effort into that side? If you're not working that way, then you sound like a hypocrite. And if you claim you can shout from the outside because you actively play another side, then you're a still hypocrite for not offering me the same (yes, lo and behold, my current character is and has been involved in this conflict).

If you don't like my criticism, fine- you are obviously entitled to your own opinion and beliefs. However, instead of criticizing my criticizing, which accomplishes absolutely nothing besides this pointless debate, perhaps the better option would be to simply ignore me. I've had at least one Asralite with weight to throw around actually agree with my numerals, so apparently my criticism was not completely without point or merit. But it's not my or anyone else's job to take time out of their lives to help people out of a bad situation because they'd rather point fingers at other people than help themselves.

I'm not demanding the Asralites play the way I suggest, and it makes absolutely no difference to me whether they prosper as a successful and inspiring guild or are run to the ground as a failure. But when you've been told exactly how your own position could be improved by your own effort but simply choose not to do it without even trying, there is really little ground to blaming Sathos or Taniels for how they play or blaming others because they don't want to go out of their way to do your work for you.

isengoo
Champion

#59 Post by isengoo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:46 am

wut

isengoo
Champion

#60 Post by isengoo » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:57 am

hey guys cant we all just get along gee whiz