Arborea - land of standing targets

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

stilgar
Champion

Re: Arborea - land of standing targets

#61 Post by stilgar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:59 am

sun wrote:When are you going to stop blurt out all this bull stilgar? Statement after statement of ignorant claims. I start to believe you do it for entertainment?
Bah.. you got me :twisted:

I have to admit I do provoke you on the forums :oops:
tessa wrote:And it's not because I don't want to give the effort to RP an Asral, but because I don't feel like spending 20-30 literal days of my life slaying some thousands of ogres and trolls so I can be in the position to hold the hands of people that can't perform even the most rudiment tasks (note: numerals in post) expected in a guild.
You don't have to slay more than a single Troll or Ogre to achive minimum level you need to be in the league. :wink:
tessa wrote:You've complained about the Sathos attacking Arborea and not Elvandar. Does this mean you're currently playing your own Satho to show them the right way? Or are you just complaining without putting any effort into that side? If you're not working that way, then you sound like a hypocrite. And if you claim you can shout from the outside because you actively play another side, then you're a still hypocrite for not offering me the same (yes, lo and behold, my current character is and has been involved in this conflict).
stilgar wrote:(I don't mean those playing actively involved, they have all the right to express if they think things could be done a lot better on the other side as we are all here to find more fun :wink:)
tessa wrote:And forgive me, but I think these things would be easier to do for a 6-hour-a-day main char than a 2-hour-a-week secondary char.
That is exactly why I changed my current main to an Asral and don't play my other characters :wink:

Last not least, why did I provoke you? Might not seem fair, I have to admit. Still it made hopefully everyone (including me) to think over again the current situation. And...

.. I simply LOVE to argue over things :twisted:

:oops:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

Naga
Hero

#62 Post by Naga » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:02 am

** Post deleted by Drake

Drake
Wizard

#63 Post by Drake » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:34 am

I think that's more than enough from everyone.

Naga, I'd hope you'd have the common sense and decency to delete the post you just made. Then again, you atually posted it, so I'll delete it myself, next time you feel the urge to, don't.

Drake
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.

tessa
Overlord

#64 Post by tessa » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:50 am

Now that I've had time to think a bit since my last post, I'll apologize for losing composure and using a less than polite tone to address things. With that said, the matter is dropped from my end.

Naga
Hero

#65 Post by Naga » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:52 am

Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking. I was trying to be funny, but it wasn't. I'd like to apologize first to POTessa, but also the board community as a whole, and anyone who might have seen that remark.

That's a low blow. Women deserve more respect than that, and my behavior was retrograde and an example of exactly what I believe is wrong in society. I'm being honest here: if we are ever going to move on as a society, we need to get beyond that sort of thing, and the first step is taking responsibility.

-PONaga

stilgar
Champion

#66 Post by stilgar » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:33 am

I'll try to be less provocative in the future :oops:

Delia
Overlord

#67 Post by Delia » Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:15 am

*pouring oil into the dying flames*

Just kidding, play nice everyone.
Trust me, the moment Asrals could be at least as efficient against undead as Taniels can be you had no reason to say "failure".
Believe me, Asrals have it easier than most of the mud when it comes to the (Satho created) undead. Self heal and the ability to deal magic damage goes a long way. They just are unbelievably TOUGH to solo and require a group effort to destroy. Given how they are laden with perks even anti-undead powers have greatly lessened effect on them and that is only the tip of the iceberg. You don't see a Taniel going solo after ogre ghouls and handing out heaven's wrath left and right. Still it is not that uncommon for non-guilded/non-magic/non-holy power characters teaming and dealing with them...best skill in the game = team combat.

I'd like to see a way to somehow cope with diseases in Arborea as it is currently quite unavailable. I'd imagine the healers could offer a solution. For example putting the diseased one into quarantine inside a sweat hut inhaling herbal fumes and such until the disease has left the body, or something.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

luminier
Overlord

#68 Post by luminier » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:36 pm

I've killed quite a few ogre ghouls myself, and even a revenant solo, but I definately had at least a good hour to kill and our lances do help alot. Especially when you can take lots of hits and have crusader perks.

unfortunately it doesn't work most of the time.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

stilgar
Champion

#69 Post by stilgar » Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:59 pm

I have killed with a VERY YOUNG Taniel cleric a lot of undead easily. Soloed both created and Eal-Deliah undead a lot. Teams of two, three without bigger problems.

Revenants are some other part of course :twisted: But up to a revenant a group of two undead should not be a problem for a single Taniel cleric :wink:

Herst
Master

#70 Post by Herst » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:03 pm

Well, since you know that undeads are easy for Taniel Clerics to kill and harder for Asralites, as well as the Asralites and the city of Arborea have angered me (us).....then you easily understand why my (our at times) focus is where it is.

stilgar
Champion

#71 Post by stilgar » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Of course :wink: As I have already admitted some posts above, I was provoking you. :wink:

To be true, I found playing with a Taniel simply too easy (ridiculously easy?). Not much challenge for them in the game apart from the RP part which comes from their Bishop :twisted:

Deleted the part of the post which displays why its without challenges to play with them, as its IC information. But trust me, its easy, I know. and well I enjoy the challenges the Asrals face for now as at least it makes me think a lot and work a lot :wink:

ganandorf
Overlord

#72 Post by ganandorf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:37 pm

Stilgar said:
To be true, I found playing with a Taniel simply too easy (ridiculously easy?). Not much challenge for them in the game apart from the RP part which comes from their Bishop :twisted:

I am going to have to question that one there. Ask those taniel clerics that died was it 2 or 3 times in one week from me and my undeads how easy playing a taniel cleric is (I'm sorry you guys, it had to be done :( ) Yes sure playing a taniel cleric is easy When you're killing our undeads and the eal deliah undeads (npc monsters). Try fighting us. or something like that. I think you may have died to us once or twice and never killed one of us ;) easy huh?
Meow

Herst
Master

#73 Post by Herst » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:10 pm

It goes both ways.

Same as everything else on the MUD.

Your guild could be getting dominated for weeks, then all of a sudden you are the strongest group on the MUD.....two months later you all are getting dominated again and nothing is really different, except the circumstances.

As well as each guild has some specialties of their own. One of the Taniels specialties is disposing with undeads. The other is being annoying. They have perfected both :D

luminier
Overlord

#74 Post by luminier » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:43 pm

Ooooh Whats the Crusader ability? Being awesome?

Herst
Master

#75 Post by Herst » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:49 pm

Dreaming.

luminier
Overlord

#76 Post by luminier » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:27 pm

I thought that was an Order specialty. ZING!

I jest.

tessa
Overlord

#77 Post by tessa » Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:50 pm

Order specialty is crushing egos and self-esteem.

"The Rangers thought they were all that and a bag of chips... then Cemoch came to town."

Abharsair
Site Admin

#78 Post by Abharsair » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:18 pm

I've improved Arborea's defenses a bit (you'll have to find out "how" on your own, but it's quite obvious). Not because we think it was too poorly defended, or because we want to help/annoy any of the involved parties, but because recently low-level chars had trouble leaving/getting into the city without running into certain... obstacles, and that's not so good for the game. Strong chars can fend for themselves, young ones are another story.

Anyhow, I hope nobody is offended, and those who like to fight against Arborea consider it a fun challenge rather than an annoyance.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

krelji
Hero

#79 Post by krelji » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks a lot for the 'upgrade'. I think it makes sense, and it's good to see that
younger chars will perhaps have a bigger chance of survival when they find one
obstacle or another.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

ganandorf
Overlord

#80 Post by ganandorf » Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Curse you abharsair, Curse you to the seventh hells!

But no, it was a much needed improve. And it makes alot of In game sense too. Coming from the setter of "obstacles" and the party that it would "annoy" most. It's fineeeee and fun :D Though we'll see what happens a bit later on :D
Meow