Critque my Bio!

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Damanta
Veteran

Critque my Bio!

#1 Post by Damanta » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:37 pm

I've been working on a Bio for Damanta to post on the wiki I'd love to hear what you have to say. (constructive criticism ect) Its a rough draft, but I like it so far.

Damanta Laoch was born on the day of Honor in the month of the Jaguar 1101 years after arrival. He was born in a simple Elvandar home with only the presence his mother <name>, and her midwife. His father, a simple human tradesman by the name of Alai, was not present. He was unwilling to claim his child within the walls of Elvandar. In those times, there was talk of a fee imposed on the fathers of half-elven children, one which he could not afford. Nor could he afford for his customers in Elvandar to become aware of his taboo, for his business would suffer greatly. So Damanta was born, a half-elf bastard child in Elvandar.

Needless to say his childhood wasn't easy. The Elven children taunted him because of his mixed heritage and he was not afforded many of the privileges of his pureblooded peers. Not all was bad, however. He and his mother lived comfortably enough on his mother's savings. They had a roof over their heads and never went a night hungry, so he considered himself lucky. Not being able to attend a formal school, Damanta spent much of his time wandering the city, or playing out in the woods. His mother grew concerned of his excess of free time. So, a month or two each year, his mother would send him to go visit his older half brother, Maibrea, and Maibrea's father, a woodsman.

Damanta’s mother eventually grew too concerned over his free time, and lack of schooling. She taught him what she could. He was trained in the Elven tongue, along with politeness, modesty, and how to talk to people. This however would not suffice for a living. So, around the age of 18 he was sent to live with his half-brother until he was trained to make a living of the forest.

*crack* Maibrea cast him a sharp glance. Damanta froze. The boar did too. They waited, after a moment, the boar returned to foraging. They moved forward. Damanta tried his best to feel the forest, let it show him where to put his feet. One foot, then the next, like his brother showed him. *crack* The boar didn't wait and this time, it took off, as did Maibrea. Damanta quickly fell in behind him. They sprinted, forever it seemed. His lungs burned, his feet throbbed. Every fiber of his being wanted to stop and catch a breath. Without thought they chased, he wasn't awake anymore, just trying not to collapse. It surprised him when a cold wind bit through him. They had gone through a gorge and the trees dispersed as a vast tundra opened up before them. They chased on. The boar was starting to succumb of fatigue when Maibrea leapt upon it. A few quick wrist motions with a trapper knife and it was over. Red crept into white. Damanta finally collapsed. He woke up to the warm crackling sounds of a fire. Before his vision could clear Maibrea cuffed him upside the head. "Ya wimp." Maibrea muttered before handing him a slice of roasted boar meat. Damanta stared out of the cave and watched the night's snow fall.
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

luminier
Overlord

Re: Critque my Bio!

#2 Post by luminier » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:22 am

thats really good actually. I wish i had the idea of making a bio when i still had some clue of what had gone on at the time i started.

ive wanted to continue my bio on the wiki, but i think i stopped it around the time i joined the Crusade again and I also left out alot of meetings with players like Tessa and the like.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Jalil
Beginner

#3 Post by Jalil » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Sorry for the extremely delayed response here, but I like it Damanta...for a rough draft. :D

Needs more elaboration though! No rush though, my background has been in limbo for a while now...months? Dunno...

-poJalil

luminier
Overlord

#4 Post by luminier » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:15 am

I updated my bio on the wiki player page. Go read! Stroke my ego! yes yes.... Ill finish it once my schools done.

Jalil
Beginner

#5 Post by Jalil » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:17 pm

Oh great...now I have to go finish mine up. :P

Jalil
Beginner

#6 Post by Jalil » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Nice work Luminier! I enjoyed it a lot and want to see more! :D

Arwenth
Master

#7 Post by Arwenth » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:33 am

*does some reading* Oh boy..Now I have to go write a bio...
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

krelji
Hero

#8 Post by krelji » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:59 am

Arwenth wrote:*does some reading* Oh boy..Now I have to go write a bio...
You don't have to write one. I got around it by now, and even though I might be
tempted to, I am not sure if I can remember all the details that should find it's way
inside. Having lost nearly 70% of my logs doesn't help it either.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

Jalil
Beginner

#9 Post by Jalil » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Updated my bio...finally have a beginning to it, but it still has yet to be finished...still one more section or so to go plus some revisions here and there. Read it if you want. :D

luminier
Overlord

#10 Post by luminier » Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Good ol fashioned divine intervention and amnesia. I like it.

Delmon
Champion

#11 Post by Delmon » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Just updated mine. Give it a look if you want :P

luminier
Overlord

#12 Post by luminier » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:47 am

I lie way too much on Luminier. It's just so conveinent. It's not like theres a commandment against it anyways.

caelia
Professional

#13 Post by caelia » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:53 am

Delmon wrote:Just updated mine. Give it a look if you want :P
Good gravy, Delmon. I'd say that it would be hard to mention Caelia's role in this less, but this would only make sense if you had mentioned it at all. :P

Oh, and you misspelled "falsities", so I corrected it for you. I actually didn't think it was possible, and now I'm feeling more than a bit guilty for not asking for permission first. :oops: Sorry.

Nice work, all of you.

Delmon
Champion

#14 Post by Delmon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:32 pm

Anyone feel free to change mine to add your character in (thanks for the spelling change caelia!). I didn't have time to go from "repenting" to "cleric of Taniel," but that time was an ooc year.

Arwenth
Master

#15 Post by Arwenth » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:16 pm

luminier wrote:I lie way too much on Luminier. It's just so conveinent. It's not like theres a commandment against it anyways.
:shock: Lying is bad...A single lie is sometimes all it takes cause the dominoes to tip over... :twisted:
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

Delmon
Champion

#16 Post by Delmon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:42 pm

changed more things. I'm going to reveal more I think... 8)

luminier
Overlord

#17 Post by luminier » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:51 pm

Arwenth wrote:
luminier wrote:I lie way too much on Luminier. It's just so conveinent. It's not like theres a commandment against it anyways.
:shock: Lying is bad...A single lie is sometimes all it takes cause the dominoes to tip over... :twisted:
Psh, Im Lord Marshall, I do what I want!

luminier
Overlord

#18 Post by luminier » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:24 am

Jalil wrote:Nice work Luminier! I enjoyed it a lot and want to see more! :D
Thanks, and I finished up. Still needs some tweaks but all in all fully updated.

Damanta
Veteran

#19 Post by Damanta » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:41 am

Feel free to post copies in this thread if you all want to. (Because I'm entirely to lazy to click over to the wiki :P)
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

krelji
Hero

#20 Post by krelji » Sun Aug 23, 2009 4:04 am

Damanta wrote:Feel free to post copies in this thread if you all want to. (Because I'm entirely to lazy to click over to the wiki :P)
I'd suggest to add links for easier access, but certainly no copies of content here
for those who are too lazy to move a finger. The low amount of visible changes
is due to me adding a heap of pages with restricted access recently., but if you
increase the number of visible changes, you'll see more of them.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.