Evil/Good Balance

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

lanyara
Overlord

Re: Evil/Good Balance

#61 Post by lanyara » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:27 am

Well I wrote de-emphasis, not removal.

But alright I can see where this is going.
Best race: halflings.

adanath
Champion

#62 Post by adanath » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:08 am

I have been a closet magic player since Alpha..I must admit.

Skragna
Champion

#63 Post by Skragna » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:38 pm

THIS:

Plus THIS:

Can blow up anything. And yes, I play MTG. I've got a mainly Naya deck... with some fun additions. I don't think it's anywhere near legal play, though.

luminier
Overlord

#64 Post by luminier » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:12 pm

----Re-Railed to the OOC threads

Courtesy of, Your Friendly Neighborhood Luminier
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Desiderea
Master

#65 Post by Desiderea » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 am

Well, with regards to religion, I think we could develop the less-worshiped gods some more to add more options. Gwen clergy + Lilith + Zakhrin cults? :) They don't all necessarily need their own priests and miracles, but at least some sort of clan and collective force to encourage people to worship them. No one really wants to worship a god that no one else worships (lack of support) and that doesn't offer any real benefits.

Minariel
Journeyman

#66 Post by Minariel » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:47 pm

I know that the Devs have a lot on their hands at the moment, and probably not enough help to get things done that they want to.

I would eventually like to see Clergy for Gwen, and Lilitian Shamans as playable guilds. Then again, I'd just as much like to see neutral/chaotic good thieves. Too hard to play (and live through it), given the current RP environment.

I'd also love to see the resurrection of Druids, or at least a Clergy of Evren.

lanyara
Overlord

#67 Post by lanyara » Sat May 01, 2010 3:00 pm

I am sure the clergies will be eventually added.

I don't think there can be neutral or good thieves anymore though. (I am a pessimist)

And druids hmm... is difficult.

As long as there is no Evren clergy in game I think druids will be rather inactive, because their world of view would slightly clash with an Evren clergy, and an Evren clergy most likely has a higher priority than druids until the other clergies are added.

PS: I'd support any overhaul of the druids regardless. How great would it be to see evil corrupted druids one day? Just needs a concept, and "how strong should a druid be", but both could be solved IMO.

Zehren
Overlord

#68 Post by Zehren » Sat May 01, 2010 3:13 pm

lanyara wrote:I am sure the clergies will be eventually added.

I don't think there can be neutral or good thieves anymore though. (I am a pessimist)

And druids hmm... is difficult.

As long as there is no Evren clergy in game I think druids will be rather inactive, because their world of view would slightly clash with an Evren clergy, and an Evren clergy most likely has a higher priority than druids until the other clergies are added.

PS: I'd support any overhaul of the druids regardless. How great would it be to see evil corrupted druids one day? Just needs a concept, and "how strong should a druid be", but both could be solved IMO.
Unless I'm mistaken, the druids will be removed when the evrenite clergy gets added.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

Olrane
Champion

#69 Post by Olrane » Sat May 01, 2010 4:02 pm

lanyara wrote: I don't think there can be neutral or good thieves anymore though. (I am a pessimist)
"Good" thieves are pretty much out simply because the action is in the very least unlawful, if not evil.

But neutral thieves? Sure there can be some. People just have to play them. There's a reward for people who try! If they're successful, they get to play a thief, which is awesome.

Delmon
Champion

#70 Post by Delmon » Sat May 01, 2010 6:02 pm

is there even a way to get into the thieves guild?

luminier
Overlord

#71 Post by luminier » Sun May 02, 2010 3:24 am

For the last time, yes. It's possible to get into every guild. Just because you don't know how doesn't mean it's impossible.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

ganandorf
Overlord

#72 Post by ganandorf » Sun May 02, 2010 3:49 am

Saying its possible to get in is a bit of a stretch and you know it. No ACTIVE characters i know of are accepting new thieves. Asking a wizard is really the only available option.
Meow

Olrane
Champion

#73 Post by Olrane » Sun May 02, 2010 11:58 am

ganandorf wrote:Saying its possible to get in is a bit of a stretch and you know it. No ACTIVE characters i know of are accepting new thieves. Asking a wizard is really the only available option.
I hate to be a dick, but currently on the MUD I know of no one who would pass the scrutiny of a decent recruiter, so the lack of said recruiters is less of a problem. If you have a character who's ready, then I could see why you might start to complain.

Many thief players have had to wait for a year or two Earth time of playing their characters before they were accepted into the guild. It's a very necessary time period to develop the play skills (not to mention the actual character skills) and the patience to play carefully.

Yes, that's very abnormal for any guild in the game, which typically accepts members in a number of months or even weeks. But considering how easy it is to simply ruin a thief character, and the potential to ruin the guild (like how pretty much all of the guild secrets were given out by newer and less loyal members during the Crusader Inquisition), the recruitment has to be very conservative.

ganandorf
Overlord

#74 Post by ganandorf » Sun May 02, 2010 3:36 pm

You weren't being a dick there, and i agree with you. But the question had nothing to do with whether characters are ready or not to get in, the question was whether there was someone active to accept them.
Meow

per
Master

#75 Post by per » Sun May 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Sorry, to butt in, but I thought it might be mentioned that the info you are asking for is inherently IC in nature.

Olrane
Champion

#76 Post by Olrane » Mon May 03, 2010 2:27 am

per wrote:Sorry, to butt in, but I thought it might be mentioned that the info you are asking for is inherently IC in nature.
Truth. Whether or not there are active players, the thieves' guild is alive and well, operating in the shadows. There are always thieves around. 8)

lanyara
Overlord

#77 Post by lanyara » Tue May 11, 2010 8:09 pm

neutral thieves? Sure there can be some. People just have to play them. There's a reward for people who try! If they're successful, they get to play a thief, which is awesome.
Awww... @Olrane is an optimist.

I like being a pessimist here.

But I'll reserve a soft spot in my heart for the old Lurkers.

They had a great time.

lanyara
Overlord

#78 Post by lanyara » Wed May 12, 2010 7:16 am

So @ganandorf did your note help much or not ... :D

ganandorf
Overlord

#79 Post by ganandorf » Wed May 12, 2010 1:08 pm

Meh, it got the idea out there. But its obvious that the evil side is not meant to be like the good side. It will never be as big, and probably will never be as important to the game. The game does fine without any evil characters logging on, would never and will never work fine without good characters.
Meow

Olrane
Champion

#80 Post by Olrane » Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 pm

lanyara wrote:
neutral thieves? Sure there can be some. People just have to play them. There's a reward for people who try! If they're successful, they get to play a thief, which is awesome.
Awww... @Olrane is an optimist.

I like being a pessimist here.

But I'll reserve a soft spot in my heart for the old Lurkers.

They had a great time.
You caught me! Red-handed with optimism.

Honestly though...I've seen the thieves at their worst and their best. What they need is a few dedicated and good players and they have a chance of returning to former glory. It really comes down to flawless play on their part, though. The good side has pretty unequivocally stated that they will not attempt to turn a blind eye to the mistakes of young and inexperienced evil characters.