Guilds, Balance, Roleplay.

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Delmon
Champion

Re: Guilds, Balance, Roleplay.

#41 Post by Delmon » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:08 pm

I've never felt that spells or miracles are overpowered. A cleric cant move and cast at the same time, so their attacks are constant, but limited. A cleric is best standing still, preparing for someone to enter, in mood defend. If want to take out a cleric that is just casting, I use agility and strong hits to kill them. If you see they casting, you can move away. They are not good chaser characters.

I've never suffered with any of my characters from powerful spells. Mages don't even engage in pvp that much.

Yeah, the dragonlance is powerful, but it's not unstoppable. Crusaders lost their best normal weapon, the riding lance, which was a good change. It's fine to let them keep their unicorn, because they are so expensive. Let them risk using their hundreds of gold coins. I don't really care, and I play evils. If a crussie brings a unicorn to a fight, their going all in. Sathos can defend against unicorn hits with shield and miracles, and anyone else can just run away (or strike them down though very tough). Also, the towers can be seen a room away, which is a fantastic change that nerfs them fairly enough.

Skragna
Champion

#42 Post by Skragna » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:41 am

Evil characters have access to wargs, as well. Those are mythical beasts, and their bites are dangerous even to someone wearing plate armor. If Sathonites are capable of casting it faster than you can break free, they have a miracle that can pin you to the ground forever while you bleed to death. I only feel the latter is overpowered. For instance, if Skragna goes up against /any/ darkelf deathpriest, he's hosed. He is not fast enough to get out of the spears before they can cast them again, leaving him pinned in place to get slaughtered.

Delia
Overlord

#43 Post by Delia » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:36 am

I am not sure if it is about speed that frees you from the spears. It could be a set amount of time? But yes, the effect is really nasty but luckily it does not happen everytime. I think it is one of the more useful&powerful miracles/magic a character can toss against another. I'm not waving the nerf stick here though.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

luminier
Overlord

#44 Post by luminier » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:12 am

bodycheck + bonespear has been a strong combination for a long time. strong sathonites should be dangerous to engage in my opinion... they are priests of DEATH after all. you shouldn't be fucking with them.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

glorfindel
Hero

#45 Post by glorfindel » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Hi,

I don't think the satho bonespear is overpowered. It is powerful yes and most characters do have quite a problem with confronted with it, but that does not make it overpowered per se. Usually (at least if not half of geas population is reduced by skryim *cough*) the deathpriests are outnumbered and as luminier said they are the priests of death. They do wield a lot of power but they are not invincible during it.

As for spells, as poDelia said earlier, we're extensively measuring and testing those and try to catch anything out of balance and file bug reports for those. So if you think on our spells is overpowered, feel free to approach any of us and let us know.

hf

poGlorfindel

glasp
Professional

#46 Post by glasp » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:41 pm

I do not want to be the forum witch... but I feel that too much in-game information is getting revealed, which can potentially spoil the fun of others.

So I ask everyone kindly to please consider how much information is being posted here. Thank you!

per
Master

#47 Post by per » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:03 pm

That's fine. I can be the forum witch.

Give me a nudge and I'll delete topics that get out of hand.

Happy New Year!