In-game marriage

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Eleassa
Professional

In-game marriage

#1 Post by Eleassa » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:54 pm

How is marriage handled? Is it something a wizard would puppet an NPC for, or is it assumed to have happened when logged out, or something else entirely?
Two rules to live by:
Don't sweat the petty stuff.
Don't pet the sweaty stuff.

A third rule to live by:
Don't do ANYTHING you don't want to admit and/or explain to a paramedic

Andreati
Master

Re: In-game marriage

#2 Post by Andreati » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:01 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a wiz specifically control an npc for marriage; I imagine that if you wanted a certain npc though, you might be able to find one nice enough. Maybe.

In the past, I've always seen marriages performed by chars or just automatically/via some event that happened offline.

As far as I'm concerned, you can do whatever you like with marriage, keeping it online or offline.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Amaleth
Journeyman

#3 Post by Amaleth » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:46 am

Kristoff is more then happy to marry people under the light of Taniel, though I suspect most would prefer a Gwenite. On that same note, Amaleth isn't a priest but would be more then happy to pretend ~.^

Blessings of Lute upon you!

Saki
Beginner

#4 Post by Saki » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:51 pm

I'm generally willing as time allows to assist in small events, playing npcs or things of that nature, within reason. Decorations and whatnot can also be done, but for a price.

Cuetlachtli
Veteran

#5 Post by Cuetlachtli » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:44 am

My char's and Urlyth's wedding was all ICly done. We had an IC friend that married us, an Asral cleric that is now, sadly, not playing, a good RPer and funny dude.

We did have some Wizard participation, Lukav, but I think he just came to cause some chaos! :P (Lukav, you're great)

I will also note that he was NOT invited :P

But yes, it can be done online or offline. Though I think it's a nice touch to attempt online, as it adds to RP. Watching Andy sneeze through our ceremony was priceless :P

Andreati
Master

#6 Post by Andreati » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:28 am

Andy was allergic to all the flowers in Urlyth's beard! It's not her fault!
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Rudolpho
Professional

#7 Post by Rudolpho » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:59 am

Rudolpho's and Lightning's wedding was a sort of semi-secret elopement and was done with only a real life day's time notice. Despite a wiz or two popping in at the end to have an NPC congratulate us, it was done strictly through players.