Dear Villains

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Osiron
Experienced

Dear Villains

#1 Post by Osiron » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:33 am

A sign of the times

Death of the true villains:
Hear Ye! Hear Ye!
Villains of forostar!
Woe are days without you.
---The world reeks of cleanliness because no one soils themselves anymore without you
Woe are the necks that are not broken, the throats not cut, the torsos/skulls not split.
---Signs of glorious battle now lost, only to be claimed by the likes skeletons with twohanders and giants!
Woe are the characters that you could’ve pushed to become better because of your evil ways.
---Greedy are the people for they no longer seek to protect the land but to line their pockets!
Woe is the now completely unscathed townsfolk in all lands!
--- They now fester and continue to overpopulate!
Woe is the intact fields that are unsalted and the crops that are not burnt!
---Now citizens gorge themselves on food and have become like slothenly!
Woe is the loss of children stories of terrible murderous villains!
---Children now are in rebellion in forostar because parents have no terrible stories to scare them with.
Woe is the disappearance days where I fled into a city to escape a sure death!
---My character has grown fat because he now can walk slow!
Will there be ever dark days again? Will you wreak havoc and sow fear into the hearts of everyone?

We miss you guys, forostar feels way to safe. Every time I log on its like I'm safe to the point that I am strapped in a child seat in a minivan. I hope you guys come back with vengeance. oh villains!

Xoxo
Osiron
"Oshawott! Osha-wott!"

Eluriel
Master

Re: Dear Villains

#2 Post by Eluriel » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:11 pm

On a related note, I'm trying to introduce some old mudding friends to the game, and it's been pointed out that the game is not at all friendly toward those who want to take an evil path. You pretty much have to start out neutral and lay low until you've played long enough to get your skills and stats up, otherwise you'll quickly be smothered by the overwhelming good people who will try to turn you from your evil path. Most "evil" deeds have to be done in secret or out-of-the-way places, cause the game itself, with its guards, reputation, etc. is coded to prevent evil.

For those that do go evil, it quickly becomes known that they are evil, and they're thus ostracized by the majority of the playerbase and cut off from major cities, which makes playing less fun. There are less options available to them apart from pvp. Also, unless you become a Sathonite, there are not really many allies for you, so it can be lonely and dangerous. What is one lone evil person supposed to do vs. all these good people?

I do applaud Delmon for trying to start up some support for Lilith and introduce other rp options. But at least Delmon is a well-established character, so he can stand up for himself. New characters and newbies to the game will find it hard to start out on that evil path. I think we could use more support for evil characters. Part of it is just having the playerbase to fill out those evil roles, making the evil side more appealing. But it's definitely a harder path to take, which I think is why so few go that direction.