Alchemists... How do we roleplay good and evil?

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

anglachel
Site Admin

Re: Alchemists... How do we roleplay good and evil?

#41 Post by anglachel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:33 am

I think there is no rp problem then a Sathonys and Crusader both are alchemists or scribes.
In the medival time somes place under the imperative of 'Burgfrieden policy' (Sorry, but i do not find any fitting translation for English.)
This means that at such a place under no circumstances any attack is allowed.
It is no even allowed to harm the other in any way. Rhere strict rules for interactions.
Even persons in blood fleud was able to enter and leave such place without a conflict.
We can say that for the two layman guilds (scribes and alchmist) such a 'Burgfrieden' exisits. So a Crusader and a Sathonys can work at the same time at such a place. They not bound suddenly to like the other or help him/her selfless, but they will interact after the rules of this place.

Delia
Overlord

#42 Post by Delia » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:04 am

The problem is not the laymen guilds as such and their policies regarding this or that but the history and the laws of the land they are on. Yes the current laws do not see it as a problem but thus is a very recent change and ultimately in the long run it is about accepting all kinds of evil as an accepted part of the society and IMHO it'd be nice to see changes reflecting that. The ghouls from the sewers were a nice touch, btw.

I am not against dark elves and worse casually frolicking on Arborean ground but I would like game environment changes that the situation causes.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ewelyn
Professional

#43 Post by ewelyn » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am

Not really sure why the discussion was brought to attacking eachother. I can not see why the idea of being in the same guild alone can not be a problem. Attacking eachother is just a re-action to that, and it can take many forms, ranging from silently being angry to a right out attack. It was the idea of being in the same guild, that was what I had in mind, regardless of what re-action might arise from it.

Ewelyn for example has no real history of hunting or killing sathonys, on-sight or otherwise. She has at many occassions tried talking to them, however. I believe in the last 10 months or so, she attacked 2 darkelves, 1 time intending to kill, another intending to stun. I never really understood why some people like to think of her as fanatic, in my opinion there is nothing which says she isn't just a moderate taniel priest. If attacking darkelves is fanatic for a taniel cleric, well.. I am out of words. Apart from that she also once hit an asral cleric, but without intention to actually finish it in any way. And she probably will not start hunting sathos the way the satho/evil side is steered either, since it seems like a dead-end, RP-wise. So initiating an attack would not be consistent right now for Ewelyn, so she would not do that anyway. But then again, that was not the problem I was referring to.

The problem with your statement, anglachel, is that you are now just saying "it is possible to restrain yourself", but you give no clues to why that would be. We know for a fact that a taniel and a satho would have deep ideologic and religious disagreements, amongst many other things. This is given from the game definition. But what lore is now that you refer to that would motivate acting like burg-frieden actors? And please note that I'm not referring to actualities of the game, or current in-game facts, or anything like that. Why is this burgfrieden be a good example of how taniels and sathos would generally interact? I'd be more pleased if game defintions facts were presented, instead of adjectives describing possible(?) scenarios or the way people would feel in general.

Furthermore, how far away would the sides actually be? What is the representative distance? Would it be a normal-case be representative that taniel clerics would in general not object to the idea of being in the same guild? Are you now trying to tell me that someone like Ewelyn would in fact be taking things farther (if she would have actually rejected membership, based on the idea of disliking being in the same guild as sathos enough [which she did not]) than the random pick of two average taniels/sathos pair?

Drake
Wizard

#44 Post by Drake » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:28 am

I think this thread has come to an end.

The issue is a IC one to be dealt with in each players role-play of their character, it is not an issue which requires wizard intervention or code changes.
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.