Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Trysnyx
Experienced

#1 Post by Trysnyx » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:18 am

Hello

Does karma reset automatically? I don't know of doing anything that's a 'bad' deed, but Luthien tells me my karma is just how it is when I started trying to improve it, and this is after her telling me it is decent.

If it does reset, why? Wouldn't that create problems for people trying to keep their karma at a certain level?

Allalltar
Master

Re: Karma: A question

#2 Post by Allalltar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:20 am

It does not reset, no.

But, hanging around with the wrong kind of people (in Taniels eyes) or teaming with the wrong kind of people will have impact on Karma.

Also, keep in mind, that the Good gods expect a karma that is very far away from the neutral point.

Trysnyx
Experienced

Re: Karma: A question

#3 Post by Trysnyx » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:33 am

*sigh*

I suppose karma spread by teaming hasn't been taken out yet? This is a good example of why it shouldn't be in the game. It really really is an annoying mechanic.
At the very least, it should only affect your karma if you team up with someone of the opposite extreme alignment. If you team up with a nuetral character, in my opinion, it shouldn't change your karma. Or teaming could just not change your karma at all.

Furthermore, I would like to say karma only seems to be a measurement of how many undead you kill and people you team up with, and perhaps beggars you give money to. It doesn't feel like if you are trying for good karma, it doesn't measure how good of a person you are, just those very specific things. Bad karma, on the other hand, has a lot of support.

Just my opinion.