Refusal, An Explanation.

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

Delia
Overlord

Re: Refusal, An Explanation.

#81 Post by Delia » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:46 am

That is what the report and mail are used for. For them to read your stuff when they have the time.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Arsicas
Master

#82 Post by Arsicas » Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:30 am

Lauriert wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:08 pm So for those of you that erroneously believe Delmon is just that much stronger than Lauriert, here's something to make you reconsider.

Their first ever pvp encounter went like this. Delmon finds Lauriert near the Arborea crossing. Delmon tries to be intimidating, I think, by saying "Well look who it is." Lauriert shrugs him off because it's Arborea land and he genuinely doesn't care. Delmon walks away, and Lauriert taunts him over a mind call. Lauriert then saw a masked darkelf following him the Elvandar side of the hills. Now we can safely say Delmon did not buff here, given that he was just standing around Arborea land casually and would not have had time to do so if he wanted to actually catch Lauriert after the taunt. So here's a summary of what happened. I sadly don't have the log because my computer broke that day and couldn't paste anything.

Lauriert draws his sword, Delmon draws his spear and blocks the north exit.
Lauriert attacks first, getting a successful feint and getting a solid cut into Delmon's neck.
Delmon attacks with a thrust which Lauriert -dodges- (For those who aren't aware, armored characters rarely dodge anything, preferring to parry. If an armor character dodges an attack, it means the enemy they're fighting shouldn't even attempt to do so.)
Delmon attempts a gore, which Lauriert parries.
The patrol shows up, and Delmon flees.
Lauriert taunts Delmon once again and hurries to Elvandar, believing Delmon is likely planning a backstab.

Given that Lauriert was statistically weaker at this point (I think close to forceful and very close to acrobatic), and Delmon has been shown to kill Lauriert and the patrol with ease, this interaction makes little sense. Unless there's a certain buff making Delmon seem much more powerful than he really is...

And before anyone says anything, no this isn't an accusation of cheating. This is meant to prove there is something wrong mechanically.
I'm not sure what you're trying to show here. That you dodged his attack so he can't be that much stronger than you? You will probably need actual logs to show an admin if you think there is a noticeable difference between when an Order member is not buffed vs. when they are. Have you already made a report? Turian is definitely around. I agree that just discussing this on the forums isn't really going to do anything.
Duncan hisses in Common: love not keepzss zssomeone alive
You speak softly in Common: Sometimes it's all that keeps one
alive.
You smile slightly.

Lauriert
Master

#83 Post by Lauriert » Wed Jan 27, 2021 4:01 am

I wrote a report several weeks ago. No reply.

Delmon
Champion

#84 Post by Delmon » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:43 am

Yes, please someone close/delete this thread. It's complaining based on pure nonsense.

louis
Champion

#85 Post by louis » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:38 pm

Hello Roleplayers!
Lauriert wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:49 am [snipp]I made my intentions clear that I will not be roleplaying with order members in any capacity until that guild is hit with a serious nerf. [/snipp]
I just would kindly like to remind you, that roleplay is mandatory in GEAS. As a logical consequence, it is not a valid option for you, to set the terms from your side, when or when not to roleplay with players of this or that guild. That sounds like very unfair sport to me. If you meet a character in game, you are obliged to offer RP, and you can also expect RP from the other side. That's how the game works.

You are of course free to avoid certain groups of characters (or all of them) entirely, that is solely your decision. But if you take part at the game ongoings with other characters, you have to take part on the roleplay as well.

If you are unhappy about a guild or the guilds design, you are encouraged to file a report and it will be handled, as you know. But you cannot seriously make the players of characters of a guild responsible for the guilds game mechanics - they did not code the guild, they are just players like you. And they deserve fair play, like you.

Best regards

Louis <3

Lauriert
Master

#86 Post by Lauriert » Fri Jan 29, 2021 11:03 pm

louis wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:38 pm Hello Roleplayers!
Lauriert wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:49 am [snipp]I made my intentions clear that I will not be roleplaying with order members in any capacity until that guild is hit with a serious nerf. [/snipp]
I just would kindly like to remind you, that roleplay is mandatory in GEAS. As a logical consequence, it is not a valid option for you, to set the terms from your side, when or when not to roleplay with players of this or that guild. That sounds like very unfair sport to me. If you meet a character in game, you are obliged to offer RP, and you can also expect RP from the other side. That's how the game works.

You are of course free to avoid certain groups of characters (or all of them) entirely, that is solely your decision. But if you take part at the game ongoings with other characters, you have to take part on the roleplay as well.

If you are unhappy about a guild or the guilds design, you are encouraged to file a report and it will be handled, as you know. But you cannot seriously make the players of characters of a guild responsible for the guilds game mechanics - they did not code the guild, they are just players like you. And they deserve fair play, like you.

Best regards

Louis <3
I had a report pending for weeks before writing this thread out of frustration and it's still pending...