Taniel clerics, players acceptance, etc

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

ferranifer
Champion

#21 Post by ferranifer » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:53 am

For me, Taniels were what the Crusaders stand for now.

Nowadays, I couldn't really tell where the Taniel Church stands in. I guess that, like nearly everything else, is up to the current Taniel Cleric players to define where they want to stand (and to me to discover what they are about).

I agree with Chara's definition on what been Lawfull Good is. Most of the times it's extremelly "unfair" (or nasty) to the individual, while supposedly good for the majority, and that's why it's done.

jezz
Hero

#22 Post by jezz » Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:29 pm

I can see two major "flows" in taniel clerics: the fanatic cleric who will spend all their time cleaning the world from evilness (you gotta love Cathal) and the cleric who wants to do good, but he/she rather tries to help those who need it and preach the word of his god.

The first flow is the hardest one, because you have to powergame at the same time you rp, if you want to stay alive for more than one or two hours. And the second flow ironically is the most problematic until those days, because the ones choosing it think that evil doers will simply forget about them. I don't agree with that philosophy, because, in fact, evil doers need no real reason to harass, kill, torture or bath in shit someone.

As Ferra, said, I see Crusaders now as what I thought taniel clerics were in the past. And as some friend already told me, taniels are more prepared for powergaming than sathos are, so I think it's more a player problem than a char one ;)

stilgar
Champion

#23 Post by stilgar » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:54 am

Well, I think we tend to get the same points. The difference between playing Taniels and Sathos are almost only lieing in the ways one should use their miracles. And what's more funny.. players tend to expect it to be so :twisted:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

jezz
Hero

#24 Post by jezz » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:25 am

I have to disagree, and I see a lot of differences between sathos and taniels. And each day that passes I personally try that those differences are bigger.

Looking at recent events and new members joined... I think it's pretty clear the only difference between sathos and taniels are not only miracles ;)

stilgar
Champion

#25 Post by stilgar » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:31 pm

Hehe.... seems like some of those soft touch new Taniels and their fan club think they do it well :wink:
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010