notes on a board

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

ganandorf
Overlord

notes on a board

#1 Post by ganandorf » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:11 pm

how should one rp when reading a note on a board. obviously if you konw the person IG who posted it, theyre name appears beside it, if someone was to write a note that your char found offensive, should you approach them of it if they did not include in the note that it was them who wrote it.

1. for example:
greetings fellow arboreans
>>>
sincerely, name

2. opposed to:
greetings fellow arborean
>>>
(end)

for the second one the person did not sign the note, but looking at the ooc information of the note, (name and date), you see there name, ive seen some people RP that they know who wrote a note like that,

how should it be done?
Meow

ganandorf
Overlord

#2 Post by ganandorf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:29 am

umm does anyone know what im talking about, or am i the only one with these problems?
Meow

Delia
Overlord

#3 Post by Delia » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 am

I guess people think of the dates and "auto-signatures" as IC information. *shrug*

But good question.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

delem
Journeyman

#4 Post by delem » Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:22 pm

Yeah, sometimes I dont even pay attention to the bottom of the note if they say their name at the bottom. I usully look on the side to see who wrote it. But Im not sure if thats ooc or ic information. It gives real time date, but I think the side can be ic. Sometimes you get the <unkown> because you didnt meet the person yet.

gojin
Master

#5 Post by gojin » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:28 pm

Im with Delem on this one. I always assumed the it was IC information mostly because if you've not met that person you get (unknown). Thinking about it now it doesnt make as much sense as I thought it did but I believe the majority of Geas considers it IC info. Having it be OOC info would complicate alot of things... namely keeping people from abusing it.

my 2cc.

Gojin aka Isha

Vargrahim
Master

#6 Post by Vargrahim » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:03 pm

It would be interesting to hear what the Judge says about this. I saw it as a feature of disguise, etc. Of course now I would treat it as OOC information, but still, you never know how to interpret such things.