Hoping for big team this sunday

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

gojin
Master

Hoping for big team this sunday

#1 Post by gojin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:38 pm

Hey all,

Goj is headed to Kyir for the first time this sunday. He wouldnt mind if alot of people went there with him :wink: Seriously, from all ive heard he will die but if anyone else feels like having their char die with him or at least getting a look at the island and will be online sunday(daytime hours east coast time GMT -5) you're welcome to join.

PO Goj

PS - It isnt wrong to use this forum for such a thing like trying to gather a big team is it?

ganandorf
Overlord

#2 Post by ganandorf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:53 pm

WAIT TILL MONDAY NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
I WORK SUNDAY :'(
NUUUUUUUUU ME WANT TO DIE

yeah sorry i think this is not the place to write here because its IC information, maybe ask everyone IG.
Meow

gojin
Master

#3 Post by gojin » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:57 pm

Already written on every board Goj can reach(and some he cant) IG. Just putting it here so others might look at the boards ;) Forum admin can feel free to remove this post... not like they needed my permission or anything :roll: :wink:

ganandorf
Overlord

#4 Post by ganandorf » Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:16 pm

isha, mooooooooooooonday morning. pleeeeeeeeeease.
Meow

Delmon
Champion

#5 Post by Delmon » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:27 pm

Ganon.... :P

ganandorf
Overlord

#6 Post by ganandorf » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:22 am

muuuuuuuuuuuunday ganon wants iinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Meow

kaspars
Journeyman

#7 Post by kaspars » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:09 am

No offense, but I doubt this is the right place to announce IC event ..
But is just my opinion.

gojin
Master

#8 Post by gojin » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:48 am

Alright, I wasnt sure myself if it was proper ettiquite. Is there someway I can delete this thread? Or can the moderator plz delete it?

PO Goj

Vargrahim
Master

#9 Post by Vargrahim » Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:50 am

kaspars wrote:No offense, but I doubt this is the right place to announce IC event ..
But is just my opinion.
What's wrong with "hooking" up OOC to play?

Delia
Overlord

#10 Post by Delia » Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:34 pm

Yeah...I see no reason why not to ask people to be around at a certain time.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

aragog
Professional

#11 Post by aragog » Sun Jul 22, 2007 6:18 am

Why not post a note on Arborean Board or something instead?

poAragog
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Sairina
Hero

#12 Post by Sairina » Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:12 am

Because people might not see it on time if they don't play regularly enough, but might check the board more often, I think it makes sense to announce things like this here, because with such a small playerbase, otherwise you might end up online all alone at the time you wanted to go somewhere in a team. This is not in any way a hinderance to still meet "by chance" ingame, talk there about the idea and team up, or is it?

aragog
Professional

#13 Post by aragog » Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:51 pm

Hmmm. Honestly? That's bad luck in my opinion.

If the one who tries to form a team to go somewhere starts planning a bit earlier, he or she can also use the post office and send letters to all people in-game he would like to join about a week before.

I agree absolutely to Kaspars. This is an IC-matter and should be handled like it to avoid misunderstandings.

For example: If the Sathos would take up this information now to raid Arborea or Elvandar (since they know that everybody is up for Kyir), someone surely would start screaming that we (ab)used ooc information.

Just keep it ic and plan a bit better ;)
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Vargrahim
Master

#14 Post by Vargrahim » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:44 pm

I have no problem if someone likes to announce this kind of information - asking people if they want to play is an OOC matter. I have for example on several occassions asked friends if they wanted to play with me. Besides, I think get-together's benefits the MUD and playerbase in other ways too.
aragog wrote:For example: If the Sathos would take up this information now to raid Arborea or Elvandar (since they know that everybody is up for Kyir), someone surely would start screaming that we (ab)used ooc information.
Technically, yes, you could exploit this in order to get an advantage, since everyone else can exploit the information. However, this seems a bit silly to me. The goal is to have fun together. I don't see it much worse than a wizard saying "we will run a live quest in elvandar this weekend". I also think that logging on because you know there will be an event is not quite the same thing as using the information to raid a city.

I don't think poGojin violated IC/OOC too hard... I would say it's better to not become paranoid about announcements of this nature.

aragog
Professional

#15 Post by aragog » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Well Varg, the point for us is the following:

No matter if we talked about a raid or something like that earlier or not, it will look strange for everybody if we would take up any action today since this note is in the forum. What actually means: we're more or less deadlocked in our actions and the note affected our gaming.

And a wizard announcing a life quest is a bit different to that to be honest.

poAragog

Delmon
Champion

#16 Post by Delmon » Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:40 pm

If the Sathos would take up this information now to raid Arborea or Elvandar (since they know that everybody is up for Kyir)
Well, I don't see a problem with this. Go ahead and attack Elvandar or Arborea. If people complain(which they shouldn't) THEN it is a problem, and easily countered with "you knew it could be a possibility."

As Vargrahim said
asking people if they want to play is an OOC matter.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#17 Post by Abharsair » Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:08 pm

As long as those requests are posted openly for everyone to read, I don't mind them. And as someone already mentioned, it's an OOC matter and it benefits the game if large-scale events (even if only player-organized) take place. The only part which I didn't like about poGojin's note was that he actually told people what he planned to do (going to Kyir). That's IC. Anyway, things such as "This Saturday I plan an event and I would like to invite everyone to participate" posted on the public forum are in my opinion fine. And if everyone can read it, it's kind of hard to abuse it.

kaspars
Journeyman

#18 Post by kaspars » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:24 pm

Thanks Abharsair for stating wizs opinion. Still I would like to explain reasons why I disliked this topic here.

At first - it is great if players call other people to play, I do it myself by regular voting and telling people about Geas.

However:
1) From time to time I read notes from people who worry about mixing up IC and OOC, how to make IC experience better and so on. Now, I think this is very clear example of mixing OOC and IC knowledge.
2) We have mail, tells, boards and messengers to reach char we want to meet. Should be enough to reach active char.
3) I dislike possibility that after such announcement we suddenly could get huge team popping out from nowhere with several strong, but usually inactive chars who disappear right after this event. Somehow .. weird.

Additionally .. maybe I`m wrong, but in all my experience with MUDs, I never took part in any live quest that was announced OOCly.

OK, that`s it - closing the topic from my side.

ganandorf
Overlord

#19 Post by ganandorf » Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:12 pm

Well i just wanted to add something. i think i was on while the raid was being formed IC. And from what i saw, there was only one person who was on today that is not regularly on, and still this person is on occasionaly. so some of the arguments in this point about how some people who logged in just for the raid then logged out was kind of invalidated
also thought it would be worth mentioning that most people who are on this forum are active players anyway are they not.
Meow

anglachel
Site Admin

#20 Post by anglachel » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:41 am

Maybe here should be only displayed there you cant get more info.
"This Saturday I plan an event and I would like to invite everyone to participate, for more info read the 'xyz'- boards' "