Rp-ing an annoying char

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

stilgar
Champion

Rp-ing an annoying char

#1 Post by stilgar » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:07 pm

Greets!

I think I already tried to play a goodie a badie a neutral (some think they are all the same ehehe) I think one day I might play a REAL annoying char

gimme ideas please..

help me gather all the annoying things you think a char can do to others..

so far my ideas:

1. spamming with everything.. shortsong off, stinking etc.

2. littering items (like 700 different kind of pebbles, pots, armour pieces etc. into instaattack monstar rooms)

3. dragging unconscious, blocking autoattack monsters into places like entrace to rift and release them there

3. arguing everyone without real reasong just forthe sake of arguing

4... ?
Future is NOT what it used to be

Pecs, European Capital of Culture 2010

Devi
Hero

#2 Post by Devi » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:19 pm

Be sure to seperate between annoying characters and players. Spamming isn't due to being an annoying character; it's due to being an annoying player since spam is an ooc thing.

Things that bug me with characters:
Characters who are too dense to understand anything.
Characters who spit constantly.
Characters who are so completely hyper they can't sit still.
Characters with silly voices!
Characters who try to be more sexy than Devi (except Avisa) ;)

Things that bug me with players:
Spamming!
Power-emoting (emote is funny like that)
Repetitious emoting (grin grin grin grin grin grin grin confu)
People who overuse think... grumble
Players who never stop at the crossing because all they care about is experience (this one is actually okay. I'm just jealous!)

Do all of these things and you'll finally have me screaming, Stilgar. ;)

Kortha
Master

#3 Post by Kortha » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:03 pm

I really hope this is just a sick ploy to get attention. :P

We have enough chars who are annoying without attempting to be...do we really need ones that are that way on purpose? *shudders*
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

jezz
Hero

#4 Post by jezz » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:22 pm

Point 1 and 2 of Stilgar are just cheesy and stupid. As Devi cleverly stated, they are not sign of annoying chars... but annyoning players.

Point 3 has been already done by sathos :) So no you wouldn't be annoying, you would be mean :P

Point 4 -> Go for it!

Drake
Wizard

#5 Post by Drake » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:46 pm

I also hope that this is only a joke.

Like the others have said, thats a player setting out to be an annoying a-hole, not an annoying character.

As to what I think would make an annoying character, I don't think I'll say, because no doubt I'd want to zap the char you make and use it on, and then Abh would have to take away my zap stick, and I really love it.
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.

tessa
Overlord

Re: Rp-ing an annoying char

#6 Post by tessa » Tue Jul 12, 2005 11:52 pm

stilgar wrote:3. dragging unconscious, blocking autoattack monsters into places like entrace to rift and release them there
Don't do things like that. It isn't funny or annoying, it's flat out disrespectful.

If I'm ever killed by monsters in places or groups they aren't supposed to be in, (ruin ogres at entrance, oak cave hobos gathered at bottom) I would be ridiculously upset, especially if I lost rare/expensive/custom items that I couldn't get back.

And I'm fairly sure the wizards wouldn't appreciate people doing that either.

stilgar
Champion

#7 Post by stilgar » Wed Jul 13, 2005 1:14 am

Well,, ehhhrrmm.. yeah.. :twisted:

Of course this was a joke.. just tried to point out things that might upset players like me.. so those might read it might learn from it. :wink:

I do share poKortha's and poJezz's point an got extremely annoyed by ppl saying well this or that song give me more +s is shortsong off.. blregh...

yet I think it is not useless to collect the annyoing things so we might know them OOCly so won't comit ICly (except point 3. which I think is the way of REAL evil and torture others :twisted: )

jezz
Hero

#8 Post by jezz » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:28 am

Setting up traps that might get players killed within a second without them expecting so are perfectly allowed, and I'm not talking about doing so in zones that newbies can travel often, like crossroads, nibblers' hut and so.

I have done that tactic before a lot to "claim" zones as mine... Many characters and players got upset but... ey, it's not my fault if all what I do it's not only trying to kill someone straight ;)

tessa
Overlord

#9 Post by tessa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:40 am

Well, if it ever happens to Tess and she finds out who did it.. she'll just show her appreciate of the sly trick by pounding the person to newbie stats with mercs. ;P

stilgar
Champion

#10 Post by stilgar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:40 pm

tessa wrote:Well, if it ever happens to Tess and she finds out who did it.. she'll just show her appreciate of the sly trick by pounding the person to newbie stats with mercs. ;P
Would be really funny to see Tessa chasing around Forostar Jezz or Cemoch with some mercs :twisted:

tessa
Overlord

#11 Post by tessa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:44 pm

Nah, flat out open combat wouldn't be her thing. She prefers stealth and sneakiness.

stilgar
Champion

#12 Post by stilgar » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:51 pm

Well, if it ever happens to Tess and she finds out who did it.. she'll just show her appreciate of the sly trick by pounding the person to newbie stats with mercs. ;P
then
tessa wrote:Nah, flat out open combat wouldn't be her thing. She prefers stealth and sneakiness.
I got it.. you'd sneak around Forostar chasing them with mercs?? :twisted:

tessa
Overlord

#13 Post by tessa » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:15 pm

Uh... you can set traps with mercs. XeXo did it to Raptor once at the crossing, but Raptor was lucky enough to run through the exit the fat and slow dwarf was blocking. ;)

jezz
Hero

#14 Post by jezz » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm

Fats and slow dwarves are not good blocking an exit at a big road ;) the smaller the exit, the easier you can block...