Thank you

Anything to say about roleplay? Want to share a story? This is the right place.

Moderator: Wizards

amrat
Apprentice

Thank you

#1 Post by amrat » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:13 pm

It seems people nowadays are more into wanting to "win" the mud, than work together to make fun and enjoyable game atmospheres. And, in my opinion, the game is generally more fun when everyone works together, even to work against each other ICly, than everyone against everyone else not only ICly, but OOCly too, or trying to spite a character or player they don't like for the sole purpose of being spiteful.
I am not sure I can agree that things have gotten worse, but it is true that they certainly have not improved. Some things have changed over the years, mainly playing certain types of characters (especially darkelves etc) has become more difficult, but I believe this is the way it should be and should not be confused with “deteriorating atmosphere”. On the contrary I see the lack of in character reaction to different kinds of characters as one of the biggest problems in the RP environment.

There has always been those who think there is a way to “win” something and have used any methods to achieve this from PvP powergaming to simply destroying other people's RP with their own lack of. Funny enough, they are usually the first ones to complain about the lack of content and things to do in the MUD instead of trying to create something interesting for themselves and others. I know how hard this is (destroying is always much easier than creating) and how much more likely you are to get complaints and angered responses from people who fail to tell the difference between OOC and IC.

So instead of blaming anyone I would rather like to thank those who I think have made this MUD a better place by creating and initiating events (and conflicts, interesting plots), making the experience pleasant and interesting for everyone and generally being nice and thoughtful in the OOC sense. Most of all I'd like to thank @Gojin for all the effort he has put into making Geas interesting for everyone. Along with @Naga, whom I'd like to thank as well, he is one of the main reasons I really started playing in this MUD in the first place sometime seven years ago. @Mathias has always been very nice with the kind of OOC attitude everyone should have and has made the experience better for others in ways most do not seem to appreciate or even notice. I'd also like to thank @Redentes (and countless alts) for many interesting (though too often quite short-lived) events. There have also been many others over the years who seem to have left us already..

Thank you,
@Amrat

sun
Master

Re: Thank you

#2 Post by sun » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:44 pm

I can not do anything else than agree.

I would also like to thank the persons mentioned above, most notably Naga, Cathal and Gojin for your super RP (and of course Mathias for the good OOC attitude). You have skills in RP - but also thanks to everyone who tries! We are all deadly mortals with our flaws... I know for one I am certainly not perfect - I know a dozen of occassions where I killed off interesting RP prematurely.. However, the real difference is whether you try to make the game interesting for others by your own initiative, or if you just feed off of what others are contributing.