Lillith and Sathonys

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

ganandorf
Overlord

Lillith and Sathonys

#1 Post by ganandorf » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:34 am

What is the relationship between lillith and sathonys, both are evil gods of course, but how should ones followers treat the others in your opinions?

I dont really know, because with evren and taniel, the followers are allies one could say. A tanielite would never kill a follower or creature of evren, while a evrenite would not kill a follower of taniel or creature of taniel. As well, one of the major guilds is comprised of both followers of evren and taniel (crusaders). Can't say the same about the order because im just not sure.
As well as sathos are always killing creatures oflillith, sacrificing them and turning them into undeads.

What are your opinions, followers of lillith and sathonys should be friends? allies? acquaintences? or enemies?
Meow

Olrane
Champion

Re: Lillith and Sathonys

#2 Post by Olrane » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 am

Lilith and Sathonys, from information in the game, are shown to have some rivalry. Their goals are very different - universal chaos versus death and dominion.

I would say that they oppose each other mildly. A Sathonite would probably just want to convert a Lilithian rather than trying to work with one. A Lilithian works for no one but himself and his Goddess.

tessa
Overlord

#3 Post by tessa » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:55 am

Sathonys and Lilith generally don't give a damn about each other, but sometimes they'll cooperate for a common goal. But they can equally fight each other at times (IE; orcs vs. vittra in Isyanyr, skaven civil war in Ironhold).

ganandorf
Overlord

#4 Post by ganandorf » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:58 am

Makes sense, what the both of you said.
Now what about in a PC sense.
For example there are lillithians in asador but the city is ruled by sathonites, and inhabited mostly by sathonites. In this sense lillithians are allies of the sathonites, but, not friends correct?
Meow

tessa
Overlord

#5 Post by tessa » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:39 am

Unless there's an explicit clash of religion, I assume they'd pretty much get along fine. Usually the ones that don't get along are the fanatics. This goes for all religions, though (the directly opposing ones really being the only ones without such leniency).

ramandu
Professional

#6 Post by ramandu » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:45 pm

ganandorf wrote:
I dont really know, because with evren and taniel, the followers are allies one could say. A tanielite would never kill a follower or creature of evren, while a evrenite would not kill a follower of taniel or creature of taniel. As well, one of the major guilds is comprised of both followers of evren and taniel (crusaders).
I have a few comments here. I see Taniel and Evren as quite different. Yes, the Crusaders must follow one or the other and the enemies of the Crusade are oftentimes the enemies of the Clergy, but these two deities are very different. Forgiveness versus Righteousness, Nature versus Order, etc. I have often thought of Muir vs Pinchot. I quote from WIKI in the following:

"Muir argued for the preservation of the land's spiritual and uplifting values; Pinchot saw conservation as a means of managing for the sustainable commercial use of what he prized: the nation's natural resources. Both men opposed reckless exploitation of natural resources, including clear-cutting of forests."

I am still trying to reconcile a dumb Tshahark's lifelong allegiance with Evren while completely ignoring Taniel . . . but that is for in game.

ALSO . . .

I see Sathonys and Lilith as having similar enemies, but very different moral codes and inner workings. Discipline vs chaos, etc.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Delia
Overlord

#7 Post by Delia » Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:00 pm

To keep it short, I generally see Sathonys working towards goals that would eventually destroy Lilith's goals. If Sathonys pursues an unlife driven reality/anyo other order that HE has a total control of...Sathonys would be an antithesis to Lilith quite similar to Taniel. In my mind Sathonys is very = Taniel. After all...mindless minions equal total order :twisted:
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

luminier
Overlord

#8 Post by luminier » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:04 pm

Heh, i think mindless =/= mindful. that would make them opposite Delia =) todays lesson! brought to you by Luminier.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

tessa
Overlord

#9 Post by tessa » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:06 pm

Evren's concepts sometimes make me figure she'd actually be the more harsh of the good gods. Laws can sometimes bend to be lenient. Nature is always merciless, and hell hath no fury like a woman scorned (or a mother whose offspring are endangered).

luminier
Overlord

#10 Post by luminier » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:20 am

Women are scary. I like chastity. Much less complicated.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.