Quit

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Desiderea
Master

Quit

#1 Post by Desiderea » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 am

So, I'm kind of curious... I've just been using 'quit' to log out of the game. And I found the helpfile a bit confusing, cause it says you can add an argument like 'linkdead' and I'm not sure what that does exactly...

Now, when I've logged back in, I've gotten a couple different messages:
You find 133 of your lost money.
Wed Jul 8 05:53:05 2009: Relogin from ***
Wed Jul 8 09:56:39 2009: Relogin from ***
Fri Jul 10 02:45:58 2009: Relogin from ***
Fri Jul 10 04:26:38 2009: Relogin from ***
Sat Jul 11 02:43:50 2009: Login from ***
And:
*** You were linkdead... Reconnecting... ***
Wed Jul 8 09:56:39 2009: Relogin from ***
Fri Jul 10 02:45:58 2009: Relogin from ***
Fri Jul 10 04:26:38 2009: Relogin from ***
Sat Jul 11 02:43:50 2009: Login from ***
Thu Jul 16 06:39:26 2009: Relogin from ***
First, is there a reason why I would have lost money? And second, it sounds like I was linkdead, although I used the command 'quit' without any argument. I just want to make sure I'm using the right command to log out. And I'm curious why sometimes I'm re-logging in and other times I just login.

I know on my previous mud, it took me til around level 40 to figure out there even was a quit command, and I suffered many lost corpses by failing to actually log out. :) So, I just wanted to clear things up.
Last edited by Desiderea on Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

krelji
Hero

Re: Quit

#2 Post by krelji » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:09 am

Desiderea wrote:First, is there a reason why I would have lost money?
I am not sure exactly, but I think the game removed some item(s) from your char
and you got a monetary compensation for it.
Desiderea wrote:And second, it sounds like I was linkdead, although I used the command 'quit' without any argument. I just want to make sure I'm using the right command to log out. And I'm curious why sometimes I'm re-logging in and other times I just login.
Quit is the right command for logging off. Every friday at around 10 a.m. UTC there
is a scheduled reboot. Afterwards you will have to login, since all chars were being
saved. It only happens rarely for my char that I have to use 'quit quit' for logging
off. Sometimes my char runs into a small issue that I hope to be fixing this way, and
using 'quit quit' usually fixes those.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

anglachel
Site Admin

Re: Quit

#3 Post by anglachel » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:12 am

Desiderea wrote:First, is there a reason why I would have lost money?
Some items can not be restored after a reboot. If there are one or more of such items in your inventory, you will get the value of these items as coins. In this case you get the 'lost money' message.
Desiderea wrote:And second, it sounds like I was linkdead, although I used the command 'quit' without any argument. I just want to make sure I'm using the right command to log out. And I'm curious why sometimes I'm re-logging in and other times I just login.
Use 'quit quit' to force the mud to perform a full logout. A single 'quit' is the same like a 'quit linkdead'. You will automatical (full) logout during a reboot.