Descriptions

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Desiderea
Master

Descriptions

#1 Post by Desiderea » Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:38 am

Are you able to have your short description changed? I'm curious because mine includes the descriptor "very young" and I'm obviously not going to remain very young my whole life... Is it just something you're stuck with though? I could see why changing it could be problematic...

Also, how long does it usually take to get your 4-line description approved? Is there someone I need to poke after awhile?

krelji
Hero

Re: Descriptions

#2 Post by krelji » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:45 am

You'll have to live with the shortdesc you picked when creating your char. Since it
is being used to determine if you remember a face or not, it would create some
problems if it was changed.

As far as I know you don't have to poke a wizard in order to get your longdesc
approved. I am not quite sure who approves them these days, but depending on
how much spare time said wizard has currently, it might take a while. Just look on
your char from time to time to see if it has been approved yet.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

luminier
Overlord

#3 Post by luminier » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:16 pm

Actually, on one of my characters I had him for quite a while and one of the wizzies changed his height upon my asking. Maybe they would be willing to changed the shortdesc too... but Abharsair did it for me and I don't know if all wizards have the ability.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Delia
Overlord

#4 Post by Delia » Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:55 pm

I've changed my shortdesc atleast once. From Curvaceous and rosy-cheeked newbie to the lean and mean willowy and graceful shao Delia is now. I asked Abh for it, I think. Having other some of the other attributes changed messes up the rememberlists, atleast that I was told, so you might need some extra asking to have it done.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

Sairina
Hero

#5 Post by Sairina » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:24 pm

@Delia:
So the rememberlists were messed up after the changes to your shortdesc, right? Did that cause much trouble ingame?

@Desiderea:
I also don't know who approves the descriptions right now, but I guess it could take a while, as most wizards don't seem to be very active at the moment. I think I remember that I did poke a wizard for mine (after several months of waiting), it probably got buried and forgotten under too many other requests. That shouldn't normally be necessary, but if you also get the impression that your description has been forgotten, it won't hurt to ask about it.

Delia
Overlord

#6 Post by Delia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Nothing was messed because nothing else was changed. I wanted some more fat on Delia but the answer was that preferably no because it messes up the rememberlists.

Sairina
Hero

#7 Post by Sairina » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:32 pm

Ah, so a different shortdesc doesn't? Good to know :)

Delia
Overlord

#8 Post by Delia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:54 pm

I mean, changing your short desc, that is "thin and very young female human" does not mess up anything. Values that are appraised, meaning after an "appraise human"/"look at human" command you see stuff like eye color, height and weight approximates. Changing THOSE messes up the rememberlists.