Druids?

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Rhavaniel

Druids?

#1 Post by Rhavaniel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Are there Druids? The web page shows druids as a guild, but the help file in game does not.

I see a few things here and there on the forum when I search, but it seems to be a bit old.

I thought it might be an interesting character to play, but from the posts and info I can't tell if it's still a possibility or worth doing.

Thanks!

ramandu
Professional

Re: Druids?

#2 Post by ramandu » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:57 pm

You can likely get many answers both in game and out of game, but I think the main thing everyone agrees is that the Druids will be deleted.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Eluriel
Master

#3 Post by Eluriel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:14 pm

I have seen druid characters, so they technically still exist, but I don't believe they are accepting new members. The guild is going to go through an overhaul I think. Someone else might have more info.

Rhavaniel

#4 Post by Rhavaniel » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:49 pm

I really hope it's overhaul and not deletion.

Though I suppose its not impossible to RP a druid-like character without having any special powers.

Definitely think there should be more stuff for followers of Evren and Gwen. :)

Sairina
Hero

#5 Post by Sairina » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:58 am

I also hope it's an overhaul rather than a deletion, I like the Druids and I miss them around.

matusalem
Master

#6 Post by matusalem » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:22 am

Not to be a downer, but they've supposedly been going through an "overhaul" for years now. It was at one time said they would be incorporated into an Evrenite clergy; however, and bare in my mind I'm in no way in the know, but I doubt there is anyone they can spare to work on it these days.
You hear a voice speaking in your mind, telling you "So-and-so is a traitor and
an enemy of the Crusade. The punishment for this crime is death. Go and
execute our will!"

lili
Experienced

#7 Post by lili » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:34 pm

I only came to Geas because I read on the webpage that there were druids and thats what I wanted to play in a mud. After playing a while, I learned bits and pieces about the druids and found them to be one of the most thought-out (read:best druid guild ever, even with the bugs) druid guilds i had found in my ten or so years of playing muds. However after being on the game and finally meeting a druid, they stated in an @say that the druids were eventually going to be deleted.

Though I'm like everyone else, I hope that they are going to be fixed instead of deleted, or changed into some evren clergy because i know i'd be one of the first inline:)

If no work is going to be done to them however, might be good to remove them from the main webpage =(
(= You guys need to vote =)

Sairina
Hero

#8 Post by Sairina » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:29 pm

I'll stick with my former protest - deleting the druids would be a great loss to the game. There are not so many varied character options to begin with, and the druids have been one of the few not fighting oriented guilds around. Most of the other main guilds only vary in their preferred weapons and general orientation, the druids had extras and background that made them interesting and that added to the world. It would be stupid to remove something like this, imo.

ramandu
Professional

#9 Post by ramandu » Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Seems like this thread has been going on for quite awhile

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.