Stats

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

valder
Professional

Stats

#1 Post by valder » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:54 am

Entering the command stats reveals where I stand in my progress towards the next level of a given attribute, like so:

Code: Select all

Agility      : You are very far from advancing to limber Agility.
However, this doesn't tell me that I am currently at the Agility level "slow". I have to check help statlevels for this info. It seems to me this is the kind of thing that should appear in stats, and that my progress towards the next level would be revealed elsewhere.

Is there a quicker way to check what my current stats really are, instead of checking progress?

EDIT: Meant to post this in Newbie Help. Feel free to move.
Valder of the Hundred Graves
Naarvedi Tramp

Kortha
Master

#2 Post by Kortha » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:19 am

I doubt very many people even pay attention to where their stats are, considering "slow" is a lot bigger/less specific than "vf from blahblah".
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

jezz
Hero

#3 Post by jezz » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:08 am

I remember how happy I was when someone showed me the option to show my stats in numbers, instead of a description. I'm used to rp games, where you get perfect appraise of all your stats by looking at a screen.

As far as I know, stats in Geas are that way too, or at least wizards can see us as a bunch of numbers for each stat. That numbers are translated into description and still...

Could it be toggled too so we can see our stats in numbers? I'd like to have an exact control on them. That could help too to finish with the paranoia of death effects, and some other handicaps.

Wouldn't be reallistic I know, but it's already made for skills so... why not?

I, for one, as a pure powergamer, would be glad to have that option ;)

Abharsair
Site Admin

#4 Post by Abharsair » Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 am

jezz wrote:Could it be toggled too so we can see our stats in numbers? I'd like to have an exact control on them. That could help too to finish with the paranoia of death effects, and some other handicaps.
Nope, sorry. Not because we're mean, but I think not one of us would be in favour of that.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

Devi
Hero

#5 Post by Devi » Wed Aug 17, 2005 11:04 am

What if there was an option to replace the sometimes confusing statlevel names with "levels". It'd be unrealistic, but not as bad as hard numbers.

For example: You are very far from advancing to third level agility.

genesis
Wizard

#6 Post by genesis » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:10 pm

A question arises: would the levels be race-based or general? Could a tshahark compare his strength to a halfling?

I can imagine halfling saying to a tshahark: "I'm on third level of strength, and you're on first. Thus, I can kill you easily." (This would be the problem of race-based.)

But on the other hand, if we make them general, in my opinion we give out too much information on how the things work. It'd be just the same as giving out the numbers.

I go for the system as IT IS.
Genesis the ideaSpawner

anglachel
Site Admin

#7 Post by anglachel » Sun Oct 02, 2005 4:37 pm

The stats are racebased. If it say you are reached powerfull strength und rae a halfling, it means you have powerful strength for a halfling.