Digging. What is it good for?

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Crosis

Digging. What is it good for?

#1 Post by Crosis » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:42 pm

Hello,
I have a question about digging. I am pretty new and don't have the gold to rent a room at the inn. So I have been putting everything I find that I feel is useful, which is pretty much everything, in backpacks and hauling them around. this obviously gets me tired very very fast. So I thought to myself, why don't I dig a hole somewhere and bury my "treasure". I tried doing that and next time I logged on, the things I buried were gone. So my question is why? Did someone notice a freshly dug hole and dug up the shurikens I put in there? Did they decay in the earth quickly? Is digging just for planting trees? Are there ways to store your loot besides lockers and inns?

Delia
Overlord

Re: Digging. What is it good for?

#2 Post by Delia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Someone can find your loot, some items decay and all items not stored in safe containers will be lost during reboots. Being buried under ground is not considered a safe container. Common ones are:

Lockers in cities
Chests in inns
Guilds specific areas/containers
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

ferranifer
Champion

#3 Post by ferranifer » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:11 pm

Digging can be useful to hide items for a while, but it won't make them unstealeable or survive reboot. Burying stuff can also be used to preserve food and furs from decaying for some time. Also, you can find some stuff in the dirt sometimes, if you look closely enough.

As a newbie, the price of lockers might seem daunting but getting a locker is one of the best ways (if not THE best) to spend your money earlier on. Save up and get locker as big as you can afford!

Delia
Overlord

#4 Post by Delia » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Hint, find and do quests for the gold required.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

anglachel
Site Admin

#5 Post by anglachel » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:05 am

All items that are buried are lost with the next reboot (normal every Friday). So you store it only the store time in the way. Second everyone who dig in the same room, will find your items!