Mercs in combat

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

jash
Beginner

Mercs in combat

#1 Post by jash » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:26 pm

I hired a mercenary to help me fight a monster. However even if I put him in the front row he still doesn't attack apparantly, and would watch me get killed.
Any tips?
What am I missing or does he just want to rob my corpse... ;)
J.

<EDIT> I asked Drake, telling the mecenary 'assist' while in combat got him to join in.

jezz
Hero

#2 Post by jezz » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:44 am

Simply telling him to 'kill <foe>' also does the job, except if the merc was at backrow ;)

By the way, never ever allow mercs to die so much that they don't want to join you anymore, because it's forever ;) (it has been nearly two years since they refused to go with me and they are still angry) :P

genesis
Wizard

#3 Post by genesis » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:03 pm

that sure could be changed.

perhaps you could bribe them even more?

Genesito
Genesis the ideaSpawner

tarlon
Veteran

#4 Post by tarlon » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:56 am

Yeah two years is way to much. Perhaps the priece to hire them depends on your Reputation at them. So if you treated them not realy good the want much more money. And if you realy realy annoyed them than they won´t join you for about 1 month or 2 after that they would join you again but would charge lots of money for their deeds.
Just a suggestion.
Olaf po Tarlon

korsario
Experienced

#5 Post by korsario » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:33 am

jezz wrote: By the way, never ever allow mercs to die so much that they don't want to join you anymore, because it's forever ;) (it has been nearly two years since they refused to go with me and they are still angry) :P
Hi,
They are angry for the same reason they are angry with me, we killed each other merc *grin* So the mercs you have killed dont want to join you anymore... may be that should changed with some bribe or after have passed so much time.
On the other hand if your merc get killed with you, the price increases next time, because the reputation with that merc got lowered, and that can be fixed hiring him again and getting his trust again. (I think).
bye bye!