Skill Training Tranparancy

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Alberic

Skill Training Tranparancy

#1 Post by Alberic » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:18 pm

Maybe there is something I'm missing, but is there anyway the learning system could be made easier to understand? I've been making potions for over 2 hours and 200 herbs and haven't gained a single skill rank in alchemy. On the other hand, I spent 30 minutes reading in the library and gained ranks in several skills.

This may not be so frustrating for those who spend most of their time killing things as it is fairly obvious how to improve your skills, but for those of us learning non-combat skills it would be really helpful to know if what we are doing is actually helping us learn anything.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#2 Post by Abharsair » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:06 pm

Since I am not the wizard responsible for alchemy I don't quite know how the alchemy skill improvement is handled, but for 99% of the total skills it's pretty much always the same: you improve it by doing it. And no, it doesn't help to do it 200 times within 30 seconds. Continuity is much more important.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

krelji
Hero

#3 Post by krelji » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:40 pm

I am not sure if I have ever gotten an alchemy improve just by
brewing a potion. I would think that I got most of them by analysing
potions.
However you should ask the higher ranked members for help.
They are willing to help, though it's difficult to help scholars if
they do not show us that they want it. I think most of your problems
regarding alchemy would be fixed quickly if you did as I suggested.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

valgor
Beginner

#4 Post by valgor » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:21 am

No i do not ever think i have gotten an alchemy + from brewing the potion but i do get them from analysing them

Alamar
Master

#5 Post by Alamar » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:18 am

I see that you posted in response to a note from back in february, but in case this was still an open discussion:

you can get alchemy improves by dissecting corpses and analyizing what you find. analyzing ingredients in general is a good way to beef up alchemy.

-Alamar