Zhakrin

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Chimos

Zhakrin

#1 Post by Chimos » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:14 am

I was curious if it is possible to become a priest of zhakrin or not. I understand that the religion is largely fragmented, but obviously at least one priest exists.

Basically, what it comes down to is I would immensely enjoy RPing the character who is willing to fight to restore the balance, be that between good and evil, or whatever. I will probably just RP this way anyway, but it would be nice to have the title, and possibly the benefits of being a priest.

Also, I have a question, as actions of crusaders seem (at least to my character) to be getting out of hand, I would probably be more focused on aiding the evil characters to restore the balance. Is being able to walk into the evil town (Asador?) without being killed reliant on reputation? If so, would I be able to go there with neutral reputation? And what sort of things could I do to move my reputation towards neutral?

tarlon
Veteran

#2 Post by tarlon » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:04 pm

As far as i know there ain´t priest of Zhakrin yet.
Why don´t you ask other players if it´s dangerous to try to enter Asador i think quite some tried and even some have been inside.

What brings you to neutral reputation?
Thats depends on your current allignment. If you are evil try to do things that raise your allignment. If you are good do some evil stuff. After some time it tends to go neutral on his own. Expect you are constantly doing stuff that influences your allignment.
Olaf , po Tarlon and another char

Chimos

#3 Post by Chimos » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:47 pm

As much as I appreciate your post, it basically tells me nothing.

What I was asking basically is, I'm thinking of making a major RP decision for my character, do the current game mechanics support the decision in any way?

Ok, so there are no priests of Zhakrin, I guess really I kinda knew that, so really, are there any plans of ever implemeting them? Could I, if I roleplay well, eventually become one, or would I permanantly stay a random preacher of the god?

Yes, my character does need to figure out Asador himself, but I was really asking about it in a completely OOC context, my character has only seen the name on a sign, and doesn't even know whether its a city like Arborea, or a little port like Cumberly. Even when my character does learn of Asador, what I learn is not going to be ok, x person had y reputation and he was safe, that's definately OOC information, and as such I would like to ask it here.

Telling me to do evil stuff is well and good, but for some reason I could kind of figure that out. Basically, I'm wondering if anything other than murder qualifies as an evil action. Certainly there are many evil things I could do which the MUD could not account for, so I'm asking which ones the MUD does deal with.

Again, thanks for paying attention to my post, but it really does still leave me with all the same questions.

Abharsair
Site Admin

#4 Post by Abharsair » Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:28 pm

Zhakrin clerics do not exist due to those reasons: 1) the current playerbase just doesn't support a fourth clerics guild. Especially a neutral one. 2) a guild without constant wizard support kind of withers away, so we'd have to invest a significant amount of time into creating and maintaining a guild which would cater at this point only to a small minority of players. Does that mean there will never be Zhakrin clerics? No, not at all, but at this point we don't intend to create them any time soon.

For the city of Asador your reputation is completely irrelevant. You could also go there as a Saint and you wouldn't be killed. However, to get into the city you will need permission. How to obtain this permission you'll have to find out on your own.

You can decrease your reputation through various means. Some of them are: murder, ignoring beggars while your pockets are full of gold, theft, doing evil quests or solving quests in an evil way, doing certain rituals, or simply hanging out with evil people.

genesis
Wizard

#5 Post by genesis » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:48 pm

I would like to mention that there is no coded guild of Zhakrin clerics, sure, but there sure are people who RP as clerics of Zhakrin. As they have no code to support their claims, they don't have any miracles, and they show only as random preachers to other people. How other people and other followers of Zhakrin decide to respond to this kind of preachers is entirely up to them.

Edit: There is already at least ONE such character - in addition to yoursef, Chimos.

Genesis,

Post scriptum: Don't do it. It ruins your character. :) Try Sathonys instead!
Last edited by genesis on Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Genesis the ideaSpawner

Chimos

#6 Post by Chimos » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:40 pm

Genesis, yeah that's what I'm going to be doing.

Abh, thank you for the reply, and in general just paying attention to the board here and letting us all know the reason you believe things should be the way they are. I love it that you are so willing to have your reasons transparent to the people who play and love the game.
<3

P.S. Hehe, satho? Well, you never know... conversions are always possible *grins evilly*

chara
Wizard

#7 Post by chara » Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:52 am

Hi, Chimos,

Also remember that we are always open to help and ideas from our members. Although a Zhakrin clerics' guild isn't likely in the near future, if you had some thoughts for temples, rooms, books, Zhakrin-related quests, holy items, and the like, and were willing to put in the time to write descriptions and so on, I (and probably some other wizards) would be happy to discuss the ideas with you.

Just make sure to talk it over with us before putting any work into it, because we wouldn't want you to spend time on something that wouldn't fit into the game for one reason or another.

Chimos

#8 Post by Chimos » Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:26 am

Chara, someday when I understand more about the world I would be more than happy to do this, but right now I'm really still trying to flesh out my character.
I'll definately let someone know what I'm thinking before I write it up or anything though.