Descriptions

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

valder
Professional

Descriptions

#1 Post by valder » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:27 am

I was wondering if there was a way to tell if a description I'd written for myself had been rejected. I've written two now, and I'm not sure if they're unsuitable, or merely stacked in the inbox with a thousand others.
Help Files -> Description wrote: This allows you to describe what your player looks like to others.

But note that the description is limited to four lines and has to be approved by a wizard. If your description contains feelings ('...looking at him makes you feel weak..'), false statements (you describe your character as being beautiful but everyone considers you ugly), or actions ('...she smiles at you mischeviously) the desc will not be approved.
I think I referred to myself as "reasonably hale and handsome, but generally unremarkable." Is that enough to invalidate the description?

Or am I just impatiently expecting results too quickly?

Also: It seems the help file should probably read: "This allows you to describe what your character looks like to others."
Valder of the Hundred Graves
Naarvedi Tramp

Abharsair
Site Admin

#2 Post by Abharsair » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:53 pm

Drake is currently the wizard who is responsible for approving the descriptions. Since he is from a place "far far away", there might be a certain time difference between your usual time of play and his. But you can always send him a mudmail and ask him if there is a problem, or if he didn't get around to it yet.
"The beatings will continue until morale improves."