Newbie Inquiry

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Ardot

Newbie Inquiry

#1 Post by Ardot » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:02 pm

A quick newbie question:

What's the command to talk to people in different rooms very far away? I feel rather rude being unable to reply to kindhearted people who replied in this way when I wandered off and couldn't find my way back in time.

tessa
Overlord

#2 Post by tessa » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:21 pm

The command is:

gtell <name> <message>

You'll need a ring to send the message; either the plain ring you get at the beginning of the game, or a runic ring after you attach a gem to it.

The rings eventually crumble after use, so be ready if it does.

Ardot

#3 Post by Ardot » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:32 pm

Ahh, thank you! :)
*grumbles about work*

jezz
Hero

#4 Post by jezz » Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:33 am

Take note that Geas has no global channels. To talk to people very far away you must use:

1) Telepathic device. One example is the ring Kortha mentioned, that is given for newbies. But there are other telepathic rings or means.
2) Mind call: used by clerics
3) Newbie channel. Though this is just used for questions about commands and the world, and it's strictly ooc
4) Guild lines. Global channels just for the members of the guild. You need an object linked to the line though ;)

chara
Wizard

#5 Post by chara » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:34 am

I moved the off-topic section of this thread to OOC chat, with the subject "Weird babblings." :wink: Please post, err, weird babblings there, and post only responses to the question about communication here.