Inmate Escaped From Paul Bunyan Asylum!

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

valder
Professional

#21 Post by valder » Sat Jul 02, 2005 3:58 pm

Here's how we can make lumber work profitable!

Subsidize the timber industry by taxing excessive use of emoticons on the forums. Each smily face past the first results in a 6.5 bc deduction from the poster's bank account; they are allowed to choose which city's bank in their forum profile. The collected tax can then be leveraged to increase the sale price of lumber in all civilized towns. Ironhold and Naarved are exempt from this plan... so don't sell your 2x4's there! The monsters and pirates still pay wholesale.

:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow:
Valder of the Hundred Graves
Naarvedi Tramp

valder
Professional

#22 Post by valder » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:31 am

Double post! I R0XX0RZ.

So, let's say you've discovered the joy of felling trees, and littering the landscape with stump and logs. Logs, sensibly enough, are very heavy. Although I had hoped to pick up all of my logs, wrap them in pretty paper and send them to my nieces and nephews back in Naarved, it seems I have to do something else with them. Any recommendations? Logs don't lend themselves to many intuitive activities (chopping, carving, rendering, cutting, etc.), so I imagine some obscure gerund is involved.

(Please PM me if you think command-word knowledge is too IC and super-secret to reveal in the public board. These logs are driving me nuts.)
Naarvedi Tramp

Kortha
Master

#23 Post by Kortha » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:48 am

There's nothing logs can be used for that I know of. See earlier post where we were advised to bug Pennywise to do something about this. :P
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

valder
Professional

#24 Post by valder » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:58 am

Bummer! And here I'd hoped I could cut branches from them to make fishing poles, or maybe turn them into those stacks of firewood I've seen now and then. Or, once we got back into midwinter, carve them into elaborate toys to give to the good little children of the world. Bella would love a little wooden cat...

The Crusade To Bug Pennywise is on!
Naarvedi Tramp

Kortha
Master

#25 Post by Kortha » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:07 pm

To get a branch, go in any forest room and "break branch from tree"

To get firewood, go in any forest room and "gather firewood". When you have 3 bundles, "pile wood" to make it into a campfire.
If a squirrel is chasing you, drop your nuts and run.

valder
Professional

#26 Post by valder » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:13 pm

Thank you, K. I'm going back to Cumberly to hide my shame for a while.

"break branch".... "gather firewood".... Sometimes it's almost TOO easy, huh?
Naarvedi Tramp

rand

#27 Post by rand » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:29 am

iske wrote:
jezz wrote:And don't forget that tree chopping guy can quickly find his head drilled by an arrow coming from a ranger, or attacked by an assasin vine controlled bya druid (if that ever exists)
Don't you make those poor noobs think they couldn't play a woodcutter (apart from that it isn't profitable yet... but you can still rp about it! :P)

If that was really the case then Darg would have an even harder life. Of course if your name is Jezz, then you might find an arrow drilled in your head .. no matter if you're chopping a tree or not :P.
A ranger would not attack Darg. We are not fanatics and allow natural, needed and useful use of the natural resources. Even rangers usually hunt to eat (we even require to survive just from nature as part of the trainning), and chop some wood to light campfires or to cook. But for sure someone chopping trees and leaving logs all around or hunting animals for any reason not to eat or get resources (and not overexpending natural resources) or digging holes all around the forest will get an arrow up the ass, one part of the body placed in each city as example and the rest given to the beasts.

HOOAH!