Help with types of armour.

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Elthrandir

Help with types of armour.

#1 Post by Elthrandir » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:51 am

I got a question.. When making a rogue character or thief, what type of armours are the bst to wear. Are thick leather armours(i think classified as medium or are they?) good for rogue characters? or should it be light leather armour and such all the way?

Delia
Overlord

#2 Post by Delia » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:59 pm

As a rule the more you wear and carry will penalize your rogue-skills and some others too I think, of course good physical stats help too. Just experiment with different configurations and you are bound to see what suits you best.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

gen
Experienced

#3 Post by gen » Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:10 pm

In general leather is one of the best choice. It offers a little protection and doesn`t encumber you to much. But as delia said the more armour the more penalties on thief-skills. Sometimes i even remove armour parts if i want to make difficult thievery stuff. If light or thick leather is the best for you you have to find out yourself as it realy depends on your skills, your stats, and the things you try to do.
Have fun and don`t get caught by those nasty crusaders.
Gen

anglachel
Site Admin

#4 Post by anglachel » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:15 am

Normaly all kind of leather armours are classified as 'light armour'.
But for many actions the total weight of your armour and your stuff is important.
10 kg leathers or 10 kg iron, both are 10 kg in your inventory!
If worn same amount (weight) of iron armour gives normaly more penaltiy as the same in leather.
But aware that for some actions the armour on special location are checked.
The armours on the arms can have more influence as the the armour on the legs in these cases.
If were are penalties based on your strength and other stats and skills.
So for someone a thick leather jacket and a trousers are no problem, but for an weaker one it can be a problem.