Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

ganandorf
Overlord

#1 Post by ganandorf » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:28 pm

i know this is an IG issue, but i have already asked IG every priest/cleric/follower i know, and its starting to tick me off.
How is it actually that you get your karma up, i have the worst karma possible and about two/three weeks irl time ago, i stopped thieving completely, killing good creatures completely, only killed evil creatures, stopped backstabbing (except for once in a while when im fighting ogres or something), and also for the most part stopped hiding and sneaking near town, and all the people i spend time with IG have a better karma than i do. none of them have a bad karma

How the heck do i get my karma back up?
Meow

Sairina
Hero

#2 Post by Sairina » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:40 pm

While we're talking about karma, I never really understood what it's good for. It's not reputation, but not favour either, since my god favours me, but my karma is bad (bad in the eyes of a neutral god, so I guess it's too good actually) - yet what does this influence?

ganandorf
Overlord

#3 Post by ganandorf » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:11 pm

karma is a universal thing for all god, its not like favour with one god
i know that like its like a spectrum. white---------red----------black
if your karma is white your good, red is generally neutral, black is evil.
something like that. mine is stuck at black and i cant even get it to red.
Meow

tessa
Overlord

#4 Post by tessa » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:35 pm

Karma basically is the aura of your character. High karma means your character is good, low karma means your character is evil.

I'm not sure what all karma does at the moment, but I would like to see some more effects, IE, karma deciding the max favour you can have with gods (if you have max negative karma, maybe taniel will hate you).

I'm not sure if 'red' is a color for karma or not. If you mean what clerics see with faith checks, perhaps so, since I've never seen a faith check from the cleric's perspective. But I remember from Crusader days, silver was good and red was evil, and nothing was neutral.

As for being stuck at a black aura.. well, if you had maximum evil karma, it's going to take quite a long time to get even close to neutral. It'll just take a lot of patience and work, but eventually it'll recover.

ganandorf
Overlord

#5 Post by ganandorf » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:20 pm

any idea besides: give money to beggars, dont steal, dont kill good things, kill lots of bad things. dont backstab, dont hide and sneak in towns

what else effects yoru karma?
Meow

Naga
Hero

#6 Post by Naga » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:45 pm

Quests, of course, as most are about helping people. I would imagine that repeating quests, even if you don't benefit from the experience or get a tangible reward, give good karma. You are still making an effort with your time to help others.

Vargrahim
Master

#7 Post by Vargrahim » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:09 pm

You can lose all your good karma in a matter of seconds.. but it can take weeks to build it up again. Just like in real life, it is easy to go evil. Being good takes a lifetime dedication. I'm not sure how much for example a backstab matters, but it might be that you lose all you built up if you use it only once.

But, karma is relative to each god, from what I understand. If you worship Sathonys and kill a lot, I suppose you will have good karma if you ask one of his priests.