Sitting in Temples

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Jysca

Sitting in Temples

#1 Post by Jysca » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:08 pm

According to 'help faith' it's possible to convert to a different god by spending enough time in said god's temple. I've been curious about this as I've spent quite a deal of time in a temple that isn't my own and haven't switched. Is there a specific amount of time that it generally would take?

tessa
Overlord

#2 Post by tessa » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:14 pm

Sitting in the temple alone will not help. You should seek sacrifices (which vary from god to god) or sermons (only works for gods that have PC clerics, such as taniel, asral, and sathonys).

Each temple should specify how to sacrifice to a god to gain favour. If you need help, feel free to ask another character.

Jysca

#3 Post by Jysca » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:26 pm

Ooooh. Alright. I guess I was confused then.
Two other quick questions related to that...
Is there a way to ask the NPC priests about sacrificing and is there any plan to add clerics to nonclericy religions? There's a specific one that I would love to be a cleric of. Even if it didn't give any powers.

Andreati
Master

#4 Post by Andreati » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:16 pm

As far as I know, there's no command for asking a NPC priest how to sacrifice--but usually if you look around the temple room, you should be able to figure out what to do. Exa: Asral's pit should explain that you can toss heads in, Taniel temple has a candle holder...

For the second question...The only clergy I heard tell of being added was Evren's to replace the druids. I know that Laurel used to rp as a/the clergywoman of Zhakrin--even though no powers were granted/no guild was formed.
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.

Jysca

#5 Post by Jysca » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:31 pm

I got what I was looking for as to gaining favor now. Thank you all very much! Hmmm... Maybe that's where to start then. RPing it until it becomes accepted.