Store locations

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Delmon
Champion

Store locations

#1 Post by Delmon » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:50 pm

Is there a place to fix leathers and robes and such outside of Elvandar and Arborea and Asador?

Correct me please if I am wrong but I think:
There's not one in underground, cumberly, bandama...
Narvaard?

Olrane
Champion

#2 Post by Olrane » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:53 pm

There's definitely one in Naarved, and there's another one that's hidden but not inaccessible. I can't give you more info here, as it's IC.

tessa
Overlord

#3 Post by tessa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:06 pm

This is something that should be learned ICly, not discussed OOCly.

Delmon
Champion

#4 Post by Delmon » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:33 pm

It may be a balance issue.

There's no leather repair shop in Naarved, unless I am blind, which I might be. But I took a good many minutes systematically looking for one.

A secret place?

Nervertheless, you would think that out of three villages/towns, there should be one to maby fix sailors clothes, fix townspeople's clothes, gain money from passing people, ect.

I may be wrong and one of these might have one that I am missing but I doubt it so I wonder if there is a need for another clothes repair store outside a major city.

Olrane
Champion

#5 Post by Olrane » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:07 pm

If you're looking for where to find a tailor who'll deal with outlaws, ask an outlaw. They're hard to find, but they tend to know some places. Sorry that we can't help you here.

Delmon
Champion

#6 Post by Delmon » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:52 pm

Maby I'm a fool for suggesting a sailing/fishing village should have their own tailors. :?

Olrane
Champion

#7 Post by Olrane » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:57 pm

No, it's not foolish. I'd thought that there was one, but I could have misremembered. Either way, there is still another solution, although not an obvious one. Instead of looking at things that are unfavorable to your char and saying that things ought or ought not to be, look for what your char can do. There's a reason why there's not a custom shop in every city, and there's also probably a reason that you can't repair that stuff in Naarved. It's deliberately challenging, obviously not "true" in the game world (sure, there will be tailors there, just not for you), and is there to provide an obstacle. You can find out where there is another tailor, you can get a PC tailor (There are probably scribes who know repair quite well), or you can settle for what you have and not keep seeking what your char needs. It's up to you. But the main thing is to have you and your char find a solution as already exists in the game, rather than pointing fingers and claiming that it's unfair/illogical that things aren't cushy for you.

Delmon
Champion

#8 Post by Delmon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Alright, fair enough.