asador reputation

Are you a Newbie and need some help? Or are you a seasoned player and have tips for newbies? Post here!

Moderator: Wizards

Olrane
Champion

Re: asador reputation

#21 Post by Olrane » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:21 pm

I have to agree with Tessa on this one. In my short experience with Asador, its citizens have a very strict sort of lawfulness. Obedience to Sathonys and obedience to the rulers of the city is absolutely paramount, or you'll get skewered by the guards or a far worse fate. Sathonys is closer to "Lawful Evil" and Lilith to "Chaotic Evil" if you take the old D&D alignments.

Ghouls are probably permitted by the citizens simply out of fear, which seems to me to be a more important facet of reputation in Asador. In my interpretation, almost all Asadrim are tethered to Asador by a strong sense of tradition or the inability to migrate to the south - it's the rare one of them who is actually a death cultist, and the clergy is there for those ones to join it.

I think it would be cool if the reputation messages in certain areas, such as Asador, had custom-tailored outputs to better represent the populace and their ideas of what makes someone have a good reputation. The most feared and respected of Asadrim won't be "a good god incarnate". If this is already the case, awesome.

tessa
Overlord

#22 Post by tessa » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:20 pm

The explanation for every place speaking of 'good gods incarnate' is that residents of each city might have an opinion of what a good god is.

IE; Elvandar will believe Taniel is the god of salvation, whereas Arborea might feel it's Asral, and Asador might feel it's Sathonys.

Delia
Overlord

#23 Post by Delia » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:57 am

Yes, I can hardly see anyone following a god they perceive as truly evil. Of course there are all the demented and deranged cultists out there indulging themselves in any depravity imaginable but generally I too feel that the people of Asador just might feel that Sathonys is good and just. Not all the facets of the faith are openly available to the follower flock anyway so be happy in not knowing it all.
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

triska
Veteran

#24 Post by triska » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:14 am

I was going to post about reputation here and realised this thread is addressing Asador so I will post my thoughts elsewhere,.
Laughter is the best gift to give anyone and its free!