2006 Party

Forum to announce MUD parties, and to report one's participation.

Moderator: Wizards

Abharsair
Site Admin

2006 Party

#1 Post by Abharsair » Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:50 am

Greetings,

I'd like to invite you all to the next Geas party on July 29th, 2006. The date has been chosen due to the arrival of a very special guest from another continent whose name I won't mention just yet, but hopefully he'll announce his participation later in this thread.

Anyway, the party will take place at the usual location (the village of Oberleierndorf, Germany, which is about 1 hour north of Munich, and 20 minutes south of Regensburg). Directions for how to get there, a ride from a train and/or bus station and a place to sleep will be provided if you let us know that you'll come. If you intend to come by plane like some people do, then please consult us ahead of time so that we can tell you the most convenient airports and whether we can pick you up ourselves.

The party itself is not going to be your typical mud party (we are really bad at sitting around and telling people how cool our charatcers are, and how easily we can kill trolls), and it will most likely include a BBQ, campfire, Ultimate playing, and stupid things such as midnight boat rides on the local river, possibly founding a new country on a nearby hill, or gettting hopelessly lost while having a walk in the dark.

OK, if you intend to participate, don't be shy and let us know. Preferably here in this thread. Also, if you got any questions or need assistance in finding cheap transportation, don't hesitate to ask.

Abharsair

PS: pictures of the last parties can be found on the Geas webpage. For the URL please check the past "news" announcement within the game, or ask us.

Drake
Wizard

#2 Post by Drake » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:13 pm

That would be me, the Aussie weirdo who's spending 26 hours in a plane to be there this year.

So the excuse of it being too far is out this year for anyone else.
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.

horwitz
Site Admin

#3 Post by horwitz » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:02 pm

I'll be there.

I hope that doesn't stop you from coming, too.

chara
Wizard

#4 Post by chara » Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:05 pm

I was going to come, but after the previous post...

*looks uncertain*

Drake
Wizard

#5 Post by Drake » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:11 am

Man, I think the fact that I'm coming to the party this year has scared everyone off.

Now come on, I know some of you are coming, so let everyone know in here cause it might help encourage some others to put their fingers up and come to the party!!!
Evil in Training.
Gods middle finger.

genesis
Wizard

#6 Post by genesis » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:57 am

Aww, I can't come, I have a work assignment on that date :( Perhaps next year.

This post should enable a lot of people to come! :D
Genesis the ideaSpawner

Gawen

#7 Post by Gawen » Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:57 am

Due to Abharsair try to call me at 7.30 pm at work, I got the magic idea to take a look here. And my guess was right, the old fart is gettin' even older and is so stupid to invite me again. Even their might be the possibility to tell me NOT to come, but bad luck I presume now you have a problem Mylord.

Normally I should have no problem in attending the BBQ (beer, bunnies and quarrels?).

If anyone need a lift from Regensburg (e.g. for the lads who are using a train) could contact me (bastian.luebke@web.de or bastian.luebke@tietoenator.com).
A lightning arrester on a steeple is the strongest vote of no confidence against our beloved god.

chara
Wizard

#8 Post by chara » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:44 pm

Woohoo!