What I love about Geas (maybe what you do too)

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Ottarr
Professional

What I love about Geas (maybe what you do too)

#1 Post by Ottarr » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:21 am

I love Geas. This game has been drawing me back for years! I'd just like to thank the wizards and give some generic praise for stuff I love about the game. Feel free to join in, anyone else.

- Combat. It's the most fleshed out part of the game (outside of exploration) and it shows. The nuance and flavor and available options for beating up on orcs is amazing and really really fun to mess around with, trying different builds or just goofy stuff to see what you can get away with.

-Exploration. I'm not good at it but I love the effort and cool things you can find all over the place. I still see new stuff often enough. It's great! Everything has some sort of meaning or symbol pointing to some dark or light deity or something in between. It shows that this game has been worked on for years. Very good quality.

-Lore. I guess this ties into the exploration. There's a lot to work with here and weave into our own stories. The light vs dark theme is definitely dominant, but there's a lot of fun nuance to play with and get in trouble with when we all are willing to bend a little.

-Wizards. Some of you have been actively working on this came for actual decades. That's some dedication. Thanks for sticking around so long just to tinker and keep things running for a bunch of weird antisocial nerds. It's so cool to log in and get a news notification on such a dated gaming medium.

Arsicas
Master

Re: What I love about Geas (maybe what you do too)

#2 Post by Arsicas » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:22 pm

I’m an explorer, so some of the first things I fell in love with with the game were being able to search things and interact with different objects, all of the quests to figure out, being able to interact with NPCs, etc. And there are still places in the game I’ve never been after 10 years. :P So there are continually new things to discover. The amount of detail in certain areas, in the combat system, and other things is also amazing and really makes the world feel alive.
Duncan hisses in Common: love not keepzss zssomeone alive
You speak softly in Common: Sometimes it's all that keeps one
alive.
You smile slightly.