Tshaharks

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Xog
Apprentice

Tshaharks

#1 Post by Xog » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:54 am

So, I've been playing a hark for a couple weeks now.
I am actually wondering why harks are like the least played race in the game?
I've only seen one other hark around.
I understand about the time it takes to meditate with them, but I am hoping it will get faster eventually when the skill increases.
I also understand that skills are slower to learn if I am understanding the help file correctly?
However, maybe its because I'm still new, and the skill rate is just faster, but most of my skills are hitting near 40, and their coming frequently enough that I have no complaints.
So, thus the question still remains why so few harks are actually played?
I have another question...
Lets say I spend a great deal of time and really build this character up.
How am I actually going to be in PVP if it comes down to it against a elf, darkelf etc?
With harks being slower, am I really going to have to depend on a lucky hit that will basically one shot my foe?

I guess I am curious to these questions before I get too deep into this characters story/creation to find out in the end I will just end up sucking in the things I will eventually want to do down the road and I will just give it up.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Delmon
Champion

Re: Tshaharks

#2 Post by Delmon » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:36 pm

Hi, I'll try and address your questions....
I am actually wondering why harks are like the least played race in the game?
This has ebbed and flowed and it's a small playerbase. I think the limited RP opportunities (and limited intelligence type opportunities, example clerics and magic) for harks is the reason they are not played by some.
I understand about the time it takes to meditate with them, but I am hoping it will get faster eventually when the skill increases.
Recovery will get faster as the skill increases.
I also understand that skills are slower to learn if I am understanding the help file correctly?
There's a lot of theories on skills and stats and races. BUT, I don't think you'll notice a difference between races on skill learn speed. Plus tshaharks are generally more specialized by nature, and having more skills in one area/class (example "fighting") are supposed to help speed up skill rates for those skills in the area/class.
However, maybe its because I'm still new, and the skill rate is just faster, but most of my skills are hitting near 40, and their coming frequently enough that I have no complaints.
0-60 learn rate was sped up awhile back, so its generally faster to get to. There's definitely a drop off 60+.
Lets say I spend a great deal of time and really build this character up. How am I actually going to be in PVP if it comes down to it against a elf, darkelf etc?
With harks being slower, am I really going to have to depend on a lucky hit that will basically one shot my foe?
Maxing agility as a stat pref is a solid strategy in a tshahark because they have a lot of base str already. I have seen tshaharks struggle with hitting because they put everything into strength and then have to wait for the "lucky hit." Increased focus in agility will help. IMO (others have different opinion and I have my reasons), tshaharks are the best pvp straight up fighting race, and its not even close, and I don't think you will have any problems.

Ash
Beginner

#3 Post by Ash » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:46 pm

Tshaharks are amazing fighters. They are definitely around. Lorewise there aren't a whole-lot of Tshaharks stomping around, but you can find a bunch of player Tshaharks if you look hard enough. Also yes, Tshaharks are extremely dumb. Just try counting to 5. Players who want to only fight will definitely find that in a Tshahark, but doing anything else will be almost impossible.

ceinna
Veteran

#4 Post by ceinna » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:06 pm

I know of five at least somewhat active tshaharks that are playing currently. They are there I promise!

Some of the best fighters I know now and in the past are harks.

Just play to play! Have fun!

Israfel
Veteran

#5 Post by Israfel » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 am

A lot of people have made Tshaharks. Few have stuck with them long enough to see what they're capable of.

As someone who has played a Tshahark for a little while now, my advice is to remember that you're going to be spending a lot of time in your character's head. So make it interesting in there. Unintelligent is not a personality. If you get that part right, the rest is easy.

IamEz

#6 Post by IamEz » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:50 pm

Tshaharks used to be pretty popular back in the old days. Most of the legendary chars I remember were tshaharks. I think the main change probably came when they nerfed heavier armors and everyone started focusing on high agi light armor chars instead. But with armors being rebalanced, hopefully we'll start seeing more harks and dwarves around again.

lirynel
Veteran

#7 Post by lirynel » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:06 am

Israfel wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:50 am A lot of people have made Tshaharks. Few have stuck with them long enough to see what they're capable of.
Guilty as charged! Kept forgetting to talk like a Tshahark. Nor for me just from that point of view.