Scary video game moments

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Damanta
Veteran

Scary video game moments

#1 Post by Damanta » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:34 pm

What was a video game moment that honestly scared you?

There are some times when I get so immersed in a video game, something scary comes up and nearly gives me a heart attack.

Geas has done this to me too. The first time I really encountered a dark-elf was one of the scarier moments I've had in a video game. The second that room went dark in the nibbler hut my heart started pounding. I was so focused on running away I didn't even aid until I got past the gates of Arborea. To this day adrenaline kicks in when I see the room go dark. ( As a side note, we need more baddies around)
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain

Arwenth
Master

Re: Scary video game moments

#2 Post by Arwenth » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:47 pm

In Geas? Walking in on a completely slaughtered Cumberly and there being no one awake as far as Arwenth could tell and actually knowing OOCly that I was as far as I could tell the only person online. That and getting a death threat I'd say.

In other games, I played the game The Darkness and it had a few moments that got me.

And on a note that will seem completely lame in Trauma Center the first time a patient flat-lined it got to me. But that's partially because I'm a nursing major I'd say.
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

luminier
Overlord

#3 Post by luminier » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:14 am

It's hard for me to get scared in video games or real life. Nothing much bothers me. But there are certainly times I have gotten my adrenaline so high that afterward i was literally shaking for a few minutes after.

In geas when I was hunting for some Sathonys a long time ago it happened, it was my first time i gathered up enough balls to give someone a challenge. But after I learned I could recover from a death in a few short hours, I rarely got the rush anymore.

A friend and I used to play Counter Strike 1.6 and Source alot and we would try to get up behind someone and knife them and that was always a rush because at any time they could literally pop up behind you and kill you. Probably the most exciting times doing that is when you sneak up behind someone and they don't notice you behind them and start moving up and pushing an assault and you follow them with your knife out... ahh good times.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

matusalem
Master

#4 Post by matusalem » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:24 am

I don't know about being "scared," but I was genuinely disturbed by Fallout 3. It gave me a series of eerie dreams those first few days of playing it.

luminier
Overlord

#5 Post by luminier » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:21 pm

lol fallout3? im just playing that right now, it's not nearly as disturbing as most of the movies or games ive played.

the games just awesome.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Damanta
Veteran

#6 Post by Damanta » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 pm

F**k, supermutants. That is all.
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. - Mark Twain