The Old Times.

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Olrane
Champion

Re: The Old Times.

#41 Post by Olrane » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:39 am

Andreati wrote:Summer '05 was when I stuck, thanks to a few people. There's pros and cons to both past and present. The social aspect, both ooc and ic, was definitely better back when I started--and that was really cool. As the game moved forward though, much of that was lost, and replaced with some great rp and a better...plot line.

Eh, I don't mind. It's still a wicked awesome game.
Yep. We've come a long way since Geas: Enter the Chatroom.
I like that the game's more immersive and that there's more of a plot line, but it doesn't feel nearly as newbie-inviting as it used to be.

Delmon
Champion

#42 Post by Delmon » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:56 pm

Since 2007 I have seen a couple major changes. We don't have the multitudes (ok, like three or four) of characters owning the marketplace of arborea, and we don't have @chat.

lanyara
Overlord

#43 Post by lanyara » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:44 pm

Personally I find the game is a bit too restrictive in some regards right now (I refer to code aspects, not players).

What I also miss a bit is the enthusiasm after the MUD was opened from the "Beta" phase.
Best race: halflings.

Delmon
Champion

#44 Post by Delmon » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:12 am

restrictive for who? What is being restricted? It's a challenging game that really promotes the intense on multiple levels. But that's one of the strengths of geas.