Geas Admin.

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Delmon
Champion

Re: Geas Admin.

#21 Post by Delmon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:37 pm

yeah, late nights do that! NEVER post past 12 o'clock when you've got an opinion. Post mid afternoon when the sun's out and shinin. :D

luminier
Overlord

#22 Post by luminier » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:48 pm

The game "works" right now without wizards because they have invested so much time to make it do so. And just because it works doesn't mean the wizards can walk away and the game will still be awesome. It's right to say that the game is "existing" right now, but it's kinda neutered without wizards and guys know how important balls are.

I just feel kinda left alone without some wizards to talk to and like Vurdijak I was really interested in giving some help. I know Vurdijak has helped quite alot already and like him I was mailing about writing descriptions.

A simple heads up would be cool. And it's not just a summer thing I think, they've been gone a while. Just come back!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

vurdijak
Hero

#23 Post by vurdijak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:57 am

Farewell, Geasians. After several years and many adventures I have decided it is time to move on. There's no point in listing a bunch of reasons and leaving on a bitter note. Its just time. Thanks to the imms and players who made the game fun.

I'll be around by email, at kevinbailey444@hotmail.com and I welcome any emails from you.

To the imms: I wrote an area for the 'new continent', a city called Boroston. I would prefer that this area not be used in Geas. Please respond to the above email address and let me know if this area will be included or not.

chara
Wizard

#24 Post by chara » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:51 pm

I'm disappointed to hear it said that you didn't get a response from me, Vurdijak, since I talked to you on several occasions. I am not an admin and cannot add new wizards.

Sometimes real life gets in the way of mudding. Even for wizards. If that's some kind of insult to you, I'm sorry, but no one starts being increasingly nasty toward or demanding of you when you take a break.

To all who thanked the wizards for the work put into this mud, or who said they missed us in a less disparaging way, thank you very much. That kind of response is really nice and encouraging, and I really appreciate it.

vurdijak
Hero

#25 Post by vurdijak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:59 pm

You make it sound like you're accessible, and that I gave up for no reason. You want me to post a list of all the emails and mudmails that I sent to Abharsair over the last FIVE MONTHS, only to get a one line 'Contact me I'll be in the game for a few days' five months later?

Read the above posts from other players who had the same problem as me. You calling them liars?

What kind of OOC stuff prevents someone from clicking reply, or posting a quick note on the forum before like 'hey guys I'm out for a bit, got lots of OOC stuff to take of'? Either response takes a matter of seconds, and either one would have sufficed.

Your snide comments are how you treat a player who has been around for five years, helping where he can, writing for the mud, and devoting limited free time to it?

Thanks for making my decision this much easier, and to the rest of the playesr who play....now you know.

ganandorf
Overlord

#26 Post by ganandorf » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:46 pm

Why dont you wait a bit vurdijak

Abharsair is training new wizzies as we speak, and you can be next
Meow

luminier
Overlord

#27 Post by luminier » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 pm

Vurdijak, I've talked to you on the side, and I know you are a sensible guy. You aren't the only one who needed to wait for the wizards return. I realize five months is a long time to wait and the wizards couldve thrown us a bone. Is it worth leaving something that you (I think) love and that I love and that alot of others love just because they didn't throw a warning your way? I suppose that answer is within you.

If you do go, Ill be really sad to see it. I had to wait just as long as you, and I even felt like an idiot because I didn't know whether I should start writing some descriptions for something or just sit on my thumb. Not to mention it -did- feel like that wizards had left us without so much as a boo. But after speaking with poAndy it was clear that that wasn't the case. But now they are back and if you know a good time to be one, they are quite easy to catch. You know how to contact me if you want the info.

The games great, I think/know poGanon is right, so why don't we toss the past aside and make some beautiful music together?
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

chara
Wizard

#28 Post by chara » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:02 pm

vurdijak wrote:You make it sound like you're accessible.
I didn't say I was accessible. I said I talked to you several times, when you said you received no response from me.

I'm not calling anyone a liar, although I do think that you were inexact when you said that *I* didn't respond to you, when I did.

It's frankly none of your business what RL things came up to keep me out of the mud.

If you can't accept that sometimes even wizards have things that prevent them from spending as much time as they'd like in the mud, or dealing with mud issues, then I think you are being more than a bit unreasonable.

I'm sorry if your feelings were hurt or if you felt rejected, despite knowing it wasn't anything aimed at you in particular (as you stated in an earlier post in this thread). I hope you enjoy yourself, wherever you go.

Delia
Overlord

#29 Post by Delia » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:18 pm

Too bad you are leaving for good. If you decide to come back, welcome!
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra