Alignment

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Zehren
Overlord

Re: Alignment

#21 Post by Zehren » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:21 am

Some in-game lore depicts Taniel as a sort of judge amongst the judges.
Not in such a way that he rules above the gods or must judge the gods, but in a "he has judged between the gods before" sort of way.

Judging by this "legend", the strongest deity would be the one with the most followers. http://www.geas.de/?page_id=224
What the most-followed deity would do with its "newfound power" is more of a question, though.

Hmmm.
Ah, yes, in the D&D system, I thought lawful evil was someone who followed the law (throughoutly. Not just 'evil laws',) but twisted the law and abused it in an evil way.
The best example of this'd be devils, with their pacts followed word-for-word, with loopholes laid into them, unless, of course, the mortal who made that pact managed to trick the devil in such a way as to actually get a good deal.
Or a merchant, who does everything by the law, but is as cruel and abusive and harsh as he can be, without getting in legal trouble.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

lanyara
Overlord

#22 Post by lanyara » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:04 am

Incapable of shipbuilding, they could cross the ocean only through a complicated and oftentimes lethal method of linking their own bodies into a huge raft
lol

But seriously, Sathonys is the deity that keeps most other deities here extremely busy.
Best race: halflings.

luminier
Overlord

#23 Post by luminier » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Sairina wrote:My point is still that he doesn't rule over the other gods - though I'm sure he'd like to. :mrgreen:
Oh I wasn't implying that he did. Sorry.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Eluriel
Master

#24 Post by Eluriel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:14 pm

Resurrecting this topic. I'd say Eluriel falls under Neutral Evil. She's in it for herself and her own goals.

This explains them a bit more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_ ... Dragons%29

glorfindel
Hero

#25 Post by glorfindel » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:50 pm

From what I remember from geas lore is that Zhakrin is said to have created all other gods from it's essence (yes Zhakrin is neither male nor female). Still it does not rule over the other gods so far.

As for Glorfindels alignment, in the elder days it was easy to define... he was good, he was lawful, but he was always lawful only to a point, forgiveness would weight more then plain written law (also the reason why he came to be where he is now).

These days, Glorfindel is circling mostly about neutral in most regards, with a tendency to the good side. He's not willing to toss over others and he's fighting against the bad, but rather because the evil is overpowering good. If there'd be complete balance, he'd keep out of most quarrels, except for those who interest him personally (such as undead or attacks on Elvandar, etc). These days he also see's a greater spectrum he wouldn't have seen in the elder days and he does doubt there is a unique 'good' and a unique 'evil'. He rather believes that this has to be approached in a more in dept manner, which would break the bonds of this posting. He's usually fond of discussing good vs. evil In game, so approach him if you feel like ;)

AS for D&D, it has a lot of shortcommings, but it think the system is as good as any other, it can't describe a characters actions compeltely. it can only do so margianally or describe a general direction. Still better then nothing. In D&D terms Glorfindel probably would've been lawful good in the elder days, now he's probably 'neutral good' with a bit lawful.

Arsicas
Master

#26 Post by Arsicas » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:03 am

I think that Arsicas fits most closely with True Neutral. This gives a pretty in-depth explanation: http://easydamus.com/trueneutral.html

He's not so much into the balance aspect. He's mainly just concerned with that which affects him personally. Generally law-abiding, but he doesn't really care if others break the law so long as it doesn't affect him negatively. Selfish, but he supports the common good, yet won't go out of his way to help.
Duncan hisses in Common: love not keepzss zssomeone alive
You speak softly in Common: Sometimes it's all that keeps one
alive.
You smile slightly.

Skragna
Champion

#27 Post by Skragna » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:12 am

Skragna is, when it comes to D&D, Lawful Good, but only insofar as he believes laws to be just. If he thinks a particular law restricts the ability to do good, he ignores it (which is why he has had issues with Arborea.) However, in RIFTS, there's a much more complex range of alignments, one of which fits him quite well. He will always follow his word, he will uphold the law until he finds it is not just, and, if absolutely necessary, will inflict torture on another being to get information he needs. He will lay down his life to save innocents and doesn't hesitate to fight if he thinks his presence could sway the battle. He is, in essence, more Chaotic Good than Lawful Good, but he will not break his personal code of ethics at any cost.

Vuur

#28 Post by Vuur » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:12 am

I think that Vuur is neutral, but with good tendencies. She wouldn't help the people she doesn't know, and doesn't see much in the law except what can be gained from it. However, she is quite willing to fight when necessary and for the communities she belongs to. She follows the law, until she thinks that she wouldn't be harming innocents, and thus against her morals, or if she thinks that the law would restrict her for helping the communities or the people she is close to.

She wouldn't help others she doesn't know well or like, unless something can be gained from it. Quite self-centered at times too. But she also follows Gwen, and so she is also against war and would like to see everyone at least tolerating each other.

Zehren
Overlord

#29 Post by Zehren » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:29 am

I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BUT ALL MY CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY ZEHREN IS CHAOTIC EVIL.
Drayn wrote:Zehren, the Karmassassin!

dragan
Journeyman

#30 Post by dragan » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:38 pm

Zehren wrote:I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS THREAD IS ABOUT BUT ALL MY CHARACTERS ESPECIALLY ZEHREN IS CHAOTIC EVIL.
NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT!