Bye, at least for the time being

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Olrane
Champion

Re: Bye, at least for the time being

#21 Post by Olrane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:40 pm

matusalem wrote:Actually, I would be more inclined to suggest rolling up something with no intent on joining one specific guild. Just see what your character stumbles into. That's actually what Matusalem is essentially. Never intended him to be a Crusader ever, but what I can I say? He was made an offer he couldn't refuse.
This is really what made my newbie experience great. I played Olrane all through my high school years without ever having any plan for him at the start.

For new players, I suggest the guildless life...I actually have played all of my characters guildless for the vast majority of their playtime. It's better this way anyway; when you finally do join a guild, it's with a character who's mature in experiences and in skills/stats.

Kaseo
Journeyman

#22 Post by Kaseo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Agreed completely. I started Kaseo with no real intention for the direction he was to take, now he's the only character I keep coming back to. I've tried alts with plans on doing this or that, but they never seem as appealing to me.
"Luminier says deeply and quietly in Common: Enough with the
pleasantries
Luminier gives you a rough man hug."

ferranifer
Champion

#23 Post by ferranifer » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:23 pm

I guess I should have used <sarcasm> tags.

luminier
Overlord

#24 Post by luminier » Sat Sep 04, 2010 3:04 am

ferranifer wrote:I guess I should have used <sarcasm> tags.
I guess I should have used <sarcasm> tags.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

lanyara
Overlord

#25 Post by lanyara » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:21 am

For new players, I suggest the guildless life...I actually have played all of my characters guildless for the vast majority of their playtime. It's better this way anyway
It's a problem for the game - you have a playerbase which is split into guildless newbies and highly trained guilded characters. How do you want to offer newbies a way into guilds? For PvP conflicts you only want the strongest characters in your guild, the rest would just be cannon fodder.
Best race: halflings.

Skragna
Champion

#26 Post by Skragna » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 am

I think that a PvE guild war would be nice. I really, really wish it could be so. It'd give the youngers chars like myself and others to get stronger and learn PvE/P tactics, without the near certainty of death.