I might be back.

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Skragna
Champion

I might be back.

#1 Post by Skragna » Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:03 am

Hello once more, Geas. After a long, long time, I find myself arriving once more at the gates of mudding. I have, unfortunately, forgotten about six of my char's names.... so until I can hunt them down on the forums or remember, I won't be playing them, lol.

Urlyth
Veteran

Re: I might be back.

#2 Post by Urlyth » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:47 am

so until I can hunt them down on the forums or remember, I won't be playing them, lol.
Gives fodder for a new thread on a suggestion about having only 1 main char and 1 alt at any one time.

luminier
Overlord

#3 Post by luminier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Urlyth wrote: Gives fodder for a new thread on a suggestion about having only 1 main char and 1 alt at any one time.
How the balls could you possibly play more than 1 main and 1 alt actively. I have enough trouble getting things done with one main.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

lanyara
Overlord

#4 Post by lanyara » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:26 pm

I have enough trouble getting things done with one main.
Easy - less tasks, less responsibilities.

Unsurprising that guilds are very inactive because responsibilities distract from enjoying PLAYING the game.

For forgetting passwords, player accounts should be made where players could optionally register all their characters and change passwords, list them etc... etc..
Best race: halflings.

luminier
Overlord

#5 Post by luminier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:52 pm

lanyara wrote:Unsurprising that guilds are very inactive because responsibilities distract from enjoying PLAYING the game.
One might argue that those responsibilities are actually playing the game, not just boring responsibilities. Guilds are suppose to have a little bit of work involved (I guess more if you lead one). It's one thing if all you want to do is play Geas - The Chat Room, but, I like doing things like PvP and politics and fighting PvE on top of roleplaying and fleshing my character out and talking.

lanyara
Overlord

#6 Post by lanyara » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:54 pm

I rather play Geas the Chat Room than Geas welcome to non stop PvP called "roleplay" for the entertainment of other characters.

luminier
Overlord

#7 Post by luminier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 pm

Maybe I should just stop posting on the forum, seems everything I touch turns into a "Luminier is a jackass" thread.

But, it's pretty hard to non stop PvP when the people you are trying to roleplay with either run at the very sight of you or refuse any reasonable conditions of peace you might offer them.

ferranifer
Champion

#8 Post by ferranifer » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:43 pm

Here's a friendly tip: Stop acting like a bully and they'll stop running away from you. And yes I know it's your roleplay and all that, but well, don't be surprised when people react sensibly to your actions.

luminier
Overlord

#9 Post by luminier » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:12 pm

ferranifer wrote:Here's a friendly tip: Stop acting like a bully and they'll stop running away from you. And yes I know it's your roleplay and all that, but well, don't be surprised when people react sensibly to your actions.
You would know Luminier is not a bully if you roleplayed with him. Nor was I blaming them for running. I simply said that it was difficult to roleplay if all they did was run or fight me.

arxthas
Hero

#10 Post by arxthas » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:13 pm

luminier wrote:Maybe I should just stop posting on the forum, seems everything I touch turns into a "Luminier is a jackass" thread.
It might not just be about Luminier. It's been like that since I believe the Crusaders were created. It's fun to re-read threads from 2006 with pretty much the same discussion.. maybe it's a comfort? For example:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=461
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=360
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=554
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=537

As for the posting new notes to the discussion... I think some will disagree about what the Crusaders are meant to be, and take it out on the LM. Let's just say they weren't super duper popular even back then.

Apart from implying you are a "bully" and that the situation is the result of just "your RP"... actually I would agree with Ferranifer. "Stay IC and RP" is a pretty good rule.

lanyara
Overlord

#11 Post by lanyara » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:40 pm

But, it's pretty hard to non stop PvP when the people you are trying to roleplay with either run at the very sight of you or refuse any reasonable conditions of peace you might offer them.
What is "reasonable" is disputable. The crusade is basically a hardcore PvP guild with no real way to not do PvP in regards to whoever it is fighting.

There is also no guild that keeps it in check in any way.

Independent of this you just can't expect other players like to play for the entertainment of the crusade or any other guild, for that matter.
You would know Luminier is not a bully if you roleplayed with him.
This is again subjective and debatable. You *will* find players who disagree. Though this is the player's perspective, individual characters will come to a different result.

There are very few guilds who are primary PvP in the game (2), and the other guilds are supplementary to this or of lesser importance or serve as entertainment for the primary PvP guilds in the game.

With a design as limited and constrained as this is, and further given the imbalances that exist in the game (guild powers given, individual character size, and many other things) , you can't believe players who are on the other side *expect* to have fun - yet alone agree with the way this kind of "roleplay" happens.

It is basically powerplay supplemented with powertraining - nothing else.

This is very unworthy for a MUD that wants to focus on ROLEPLAY. You are dividing the players into those who may go PvP unhampered and those who may not - simply given by guild affiliation alone.

Ozzie
Experienced

#12 Post by Ozzie » Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:29 am

I feel like most of the forum posts i've read since starting Ozzie are just about how the crusade sucks or how Luminier sucks. Lots don't even give constructive comments on how to fix it, just smarmy smartalec ones. Forum rule #7 says "No unprovoked or unconstructive flaming". It also says "stay polite" and "refrain from being a troll". I'm don't really think I'm feeling the love here. Can't we be a little nicer about our ideas? It's kinda sad that everybody's at someone's/a group's/everyone's throats.

Skragna
Champion

#13 Post by Skragna » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:01 pm

I didn't forget my password... I forgot his name. And Luminier, I've got enough alts to put one in each guild and still leave some unguilded. They are all representations of characters floating around inside my skull. It helps to let the loudest ones out. And, to everyone who hates the Crusade or Luminier, all I have to say is, 1.) My very, VERY first character on Geas heard about the Crusade, from someone HUNTED by them, and still decided to join. I joined for roleplaying reasons and those alone. I have also talked to Luminier on many of my alts, and I have yet to see the "evil" Luminier. I've even come really, really close to having one of my characters run through by Luminier. I personally think the best way to remove the anti-Crusader sentiments is to have the imms look at all the other guilds and try to update their abilities to something close to the Crusader's.

chara
Wizard

#14 Post by chara » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Ozzie wrote:Forum rule #7 says "No unprovoked or unconstructive flaming". It also says "stay polite" and "refrain from being a troll". I'm don't really think I'm feeling the love here. Can't we be a little nicer about our ideas? It's kinda sad that everybody's at someone's/a group's/everyone's throats.
I agree. The Luminier bashing in this thread seems totally unnecessary and off-topic.

fernao
Champion

#15 Post by fernao » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:38 am

Due to the recent development I'll give Fernao another try...

So for now, I am back.

Means this thread could be closed or deleted.

My Thanks go to all those that encouraged me.
Life is but a butterflies dream