Today I...

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

tylluan
Journeyman

Re: Today I...

#101 Post by tylluan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:18 pm

because it was -10C here last night the hot water pipes froze (not the cold??) so i had to boil water in order to bathe before work. got ready, went outside to start up my scooter - nothing. not even a click. then one of the lenses fell out of my glasses into the snow (i found it). i'm extremely frustrated right now. the silver lining of being stuck at home, though, is i can MUD.
Be gentle with each other so you can be dangerous together.

isengoo
Champion

#102 Post by isengoo » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:57 pm

Daaang, where do you live??

Today I woke up with some pain in my right ear, which will probably be an ear infection. Washed away the pain with beer and ibuprofen.

Eleassa
Professional

#103 Post by Eleassa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Today I finally hung up my leather coat for the season and put all the stuff from those pockets into the pockets of my winter coat.

Of course last time I emptied my coat pockets around my friends, I got strange looks. I don't know why though. I have a reason for what I carry.

Left pocket: a pair or two of exam gloves, a slip lead, caffeinated chewing gum.
Right pocket: car keys, flashlight, pen, and a couple of small polished rocks to use as fidget toys. And if its Saturday night, there's my set of dice in that pocket as well.
Two rules to live by:
Don't sweat the petty stuff.
Don't pet the sweaty stuff.

A third rule to live by:
Don't do ANYTHING you don't want to admit and/or explain to a paramedic

tylluan
Journeyman

#104 Post by tylluan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:04 pm

isengoo wrote:Daaang, where do you live??

Today I woke up with some pain in my right ear, which will probably be an ear infection. Washed away the pain with beer and ibuprofen.
i live in the southern appalachian mountains of western north carolina, usa. this is abnormally cold weather.

i hope your ear's feeling better. dunno how well beer works as a dis-infectant, though i reckon it's pretty effective as a pain-killer.

Eleassa
Professional

#105 Post by Eleassa » Sun Dec 12, 2010 11:26 pm

Today the volunteer rescue squad I'm on was VERY busy. We usually get 20-30 calls a MONTH. Today we got SEVEN calls. I was on 3 of them. Due to something that occurred during one of the calls, I wish to give you all this gentle reminder...

Do NOT do ANYTHING you don't want to admit and/or explain to a paramedic.

Oh, and PoNendre, sorry, but I wasn't able to return. I was busy all day.
Two rules to live by:

A third rule to live by:

Eleassa
Professional

#106 Post by Eleassa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:20 pm

Today I got a copy of a textbook for the EMT-Basic class I'll be taking next semester. So that means my free-time will be limited, which translates into less time to play Geas.

I'm not leaving the game. I'm just going to be doing more studying. I will still be logging in, and hopefully won't go more than a couple of days without checking the forums.

I need to pass this class, since the fire department is footing the ENTIRE bill for it. I can't let them down. And who knows, I might learn some stuff that would be interesting to work into RP. :twisted:
Two rules to live by:

A third rule to live by:

tylluan
Journeyman

#107 Post by tylluan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Today I got home - two days late after a couple of cancellations and being stuck in-between towns. I feel so badly for all the folks working in airports. WAY too many travellers take their frustrations out on people who can't do a damn thing about the weather.
Discovered that the powered gone out while gone; my plants are all frozen. I hope they'll revive and survive. And, AGAIN, frozen pipes/no water. Urgh. I'm sure happy to be here, though!

Miyaviel

#108 Post by Miyaviel » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:54 am

Holy Crap tylllaun.

You make me seriously not miss the wintertiem. Did you get hit by that awful snowstorm? Back in my hometown they got 20 inches.

Hnnn today my roommate came home and woke me up at 12 pm... I promptly went back to sleep cause I'd been play Geas till 9 pm. Woke up at 4 pm cause my uncle called. The conversation was incredibly boring but it got me out the bed. I clean my bunny's cage, went to the market, suffered through nicotine withdrawals.... Then I got did some photomanips of Miyaviel and realized.... In reality she looks more like a scene kid than a forest elf. ]:

Normally I'd be more active...But im on break from college. :D

Eleassa
Professional

#109 Post by Eleassa » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:56 am

Today I stepped on the scale, and found that I hit the weight-loss goal I had tried to reach for the end of last year. Just over a month late, but I made it!

That means I've lost 20 pounds since January of last year!

Still have quite a ways to go, but that's a huge accomplishment for me!
Two rules to live by:

A third rule to live by:

luminier
Overlord

#110 Post by luminier » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:34 pm

holy crap ele, nice job.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.