Character wallpaper

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

ganandorf
Overlord

Re: Character wallpaper

#101 Post by ganandorf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:43 am

Of course it is primarily a recreational drug, its a damn fine substance to be using.

Anyone who uses the disabled as an excuse for them to use weed is an idiot. And you're right it is very low. Unfortunately I think most people just use that argument to point out how goddamn stupid the laws on marijuana are.

I really hope the fight doesnt fizzle out, if so i guess we'll just have to keep throwing our money into the hands of ganags and already rich (but getting richer) drug smugglers.

Also... Marijuana being illegal has nothing to do with peoples health anyone who pretends it does is kidding themselves. Alcohol and tobacco are legal, and theres no plans to make them illegal, both many times more dangerous than marijuana.
Meow

Amaleth
Journeyman

#102 Post by Amaleth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 pm

But that is just it.. I, for example, think the law in cali against gay marriage saw stupid. However, a MAJORITY of voters voted against it. (Yes, I know, the Courts over turned but thats a whole another matter.) They used their voting power and said "NO!". Now, while a lot of people do smoke weed, the majority still says No.

Every bill that has sought to make it legal for everyone, (IE: medical and rec use), has been shot down. The only bills that have passed are for medical use, and bills that lower the fine/jailtime/class of offense measures.

The majority of the society does not want people to smoke weed. Part of that is, I am sure, the fact that you can inhale trace amounts of it from someone smoking it around you. (unlike beer). A large part of it is also the whole "I'm not disabled but let's make it legal for them. I'll just piggy back onto it as well". But an equally large part is that anyone who smokes weed for rec use, currently under our laws, is a criminal. They are breaking the law, right or wrong, smart or stupid, whatever you THINK about the law, smoking weed in places where even an ounce if a felony makes those who do it criminals.

I think its stupid to outlaw hookers, but if I slept with one, I would be doing a criminal act. (Seriously, that should be legal before weed. If I want to sell sexual favors rather then giving them away, wth not? Moral reasons, I know. Moving on..)

If people REALLY want to help the disable, they would all stop smoking weed, quit trying to get other crap passed, and leave it for those who truly need it. Sell it from a pharmacy like Vicodin, Ritalin, Percocet, ect.

FYI: Some of the laws that make it legal to have an ounce or less have been on the law books since the 70s. It STILL has not made it legal, and hell back in the 70s you had teachers at Universities giving out drugs. Weed is just not going to be ok in our society.

ganandorf
Overlord

#103 Post by ganandorf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:18 pm

http://ballotpedia.org/wiki/index.php/C ... %282010%29

That's not that wide of a majority.
Bills being shut down has nothing to do with what the majority does or does not believe. If you really want to see some true results, the US and Canada should have a countrywide vote on the issue. You keep saying that people got out there and voted to legalize gay marriage, but you're forgetting that us pro-pot people havent had a chance to vote on the matter.

"Part of that is, I am sure, the fact that you can inhale trace amounts of it from someone smoking it around you." - What about tobacco?

"Sell it from a pharmacy like Vicodin, Ritalin, Percocet, ect. " - in some places its already done. And as long as there is money to be made you're never going to see it not be sold illegally. Hell its one of the most profitable businesses.

And i understand that smoking it makes me a criminal, i guess im a criminal.

I dont think there is any reason that weed should remain illegal. Hell in 7th grade it was easier for me to get weed than alcohol, drug dealers dont ID luckily.
Meow

Arwenth
Master

#104 Post by Arwenth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Hate to be negative nancy, but this thread is about the nice art that poSelaina is taking her time to draw for all of us.

This is not a thread about drugs, their legality etc. Can we please move that particular conversation do a different thread if everyone wants to continue?

I'm not trying to be rude but I just wanted ask for that.
“He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it.”

ganandorf
Overlord

#105 Post by ganandorf » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Yeah sorry I'll stop. Nice artwork though, i like how you drew avisa.
Last edited by ganandorf on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Meow

Amaleth
Journeyman

#106 Post by Amaleth » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:27 pm

Yes Dear.

Awesome art work, need player art work section, and crappy stick figure comics

(Selaina, you know what I mean)

Selaina
Professional

#107 Post by Selaina » Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:23 am

*giggle* Thank you Arwenthy I was going to ask them that until I saw your post. Although boys! Quite impressive knowledge about marijuana @.@; I thought page 6 was it then I found more on page 5 ><

I am thinking of expanding the pic alittle so I can fit in the tshaharks hmm
Cruelty has a human heart,
And Jealousy a human face;
Terror the human form divine,
And Secrecy the human dress.

Skragna
Champion

#108 Post by Skragna » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:39 am

Skragna's got a pretty ugly mug... his face looks quite a bit like this, but with the spikes leading down his neck and back clipped.

They start being clipped around where "Skragna" ends.

Selaina
Professional

#109 Post by Selaina » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:06 am

Updated with Kian! And made it bigger! Ferny. Please look out above you *nodnod*

Selaina
Professional

#110 Post by Selaina » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:07 am

Selaina wrote:Updated with Kian! And made it bigger! Ferny. Please look out above you *nodnod*

>.> And the layer with the tip of the sword didn't merge properly. Oh well.

Selaina
Professional

#111 Post by Selaina » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:08 am

Okie so the new giant tshahark shadows are Malleus and Skragna. Malleus is on the light side because skraggy is stingy with his tail and I wanted a tshahark tail wrapped around my char :P Skragna is currently also the kangeroo falling on Ferny. Soo teeky is going to be on the dark side infront of Skraggy anddd I have room for one more I believe now next to thorum...WHO STILL HASN'T GIVEN ME HIS DESC COUGH COUGH COUGH .... anddd I thought maybe I should add a dwarf so all races are represented. So if you are a dwarf and you're semi active since no dwarfs are active active....first in first serve!

Eleassa
Professional

#112 Post by Eleassa » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:58 am

I don't have a dwarf, but I have a nice half-elf, a human, or a couple of elves to offer.
Two rules to live by:
Don't sweat the petty stuff.
Don't pet the sweaty stuff.

A third rule to live by:
Don't do ANYTHING you don't want to admit and/or explain to a paramedic

Avisa
Journeyman

#113 Post by Avisa » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:22 pm

Damn, you sorta made Kian kinda hot. I'm used to thinking about him being the most hideous human in the world. Well, next to Luminier. ;x

luminier
Overlord

#114 Post by luminier » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:35 pm

Haha yeeee fugly ftw.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Selaina
Professional

#115 Post by Selaina » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:55 pm

Well I kindof wanted a dwarf so we would have the full set of races here! Sorry!

Also LOL @ Avisa. I don't know I tend to have a phobia against drawing ugly things >.>.

Avisa
Journeyman

#116 Post by Avisa » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:10 am

Well, Kian certainly thinks he's a sexy mofo. =p I'm just biased. It looks really good though.

Please don't forget to stop Avisa from uh.. showing the DM how dexterous she is. ;x

luminier
Overlord

#117 Post by luminier » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:22 am

I would take ugly and badass over hot any day.

MACHETE!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Malleus
Experienced

#118 Post by Malleus » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:56 am

Can Malleus robe be half black, half white? Like the Yinyang symbol... you could just have the face being dark with eyes...maybe a tounge coming out from the hood? That would be mysterious.....and cool....O.o that way i would just be a big...figure...luming over....you....hmmm.....

Selaina
Professional

#119 Post by Selaina » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:13 am

Rofl, I was going to kind of leave it there cause I'm lazy and that would make me have to do mooey's robe but fine T_T

Selaina
Professional

#120 Post by Selaina » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 am

Malleus wrote:Can Malleus robe be half black, half white? Like the Yinyang symbol... you could just have the face being dark with eyes...maybe a tounge coming out from the hood? That would be mysterious.....and cool....O.o that way i would just be a big...figure...luming over....you....hmmm.....
Hmm maybe I should just put you where Dapan is since he's soooo uninterested in giving me a desc *shakes fist* And I suppose I can try o.O