Clients

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Drayn
Hero

Clients

#1 Post by Drayn » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:00 am

I was just curious as to what clients and what features they use to make their lives easier.

Myself, I use TinTin++. I greatly enjoy having it's mapper when I'm wandering around the wilderness and I totally freak out when it goes wrong :D

I've a number of different aliases but my favourite is pack and unpack for putting things in and taking stuff out of my backpack. I also have stowcoins which puts my coins in the bag I use as a wallet.

I also make great use of highlights, though I've delegated a lot of them to the games built in highlighter since discovering it because TT++'s often has some odd effects. It still does some highlighting, like colour coding health and fatigue levels so I can see as a glance how bad something is :)

Delmon
Champion

Re: Clients

#2 Post by Delmon » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:56 am

I use mushclient. I've never used a mapper, and maybe that is why I never end up exploring. But it's free, it works, and I make use of 130+ aliases.

You can also use aliases in-game however, so even a client without alias options would be fine for playing geas.

'Help alias'

For combat, I like a flickup alias, drawing weapons/changing weapons aliases, and specials alias.

Skragna
Champion

#3 Post by Skragna » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:22 pm

ZMUD. Only CMUD is better... Besides, I've gotten far too used to it to change now.

luminier
Overlord

#4 Post by luminier » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:16 pm

I used ZMUD. If you want it free of charge just PM me.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Orodreth
Journeyman

#5 Post by Orodreth » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:37 pm

I use Portal. It has a mapping function and all kinds of fancy things like timers and macros and all that jazz, but I mostly just use the basic functions. It also has hp, mana, and other monitors that I obviously don't use because Geas isn't like that.

http://www.gameaxle.com/

Eleassa
Professional

#6 Post by Eleassa » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:50 pm

I use MUSHclient because it has an easy-to add screenreader for when I'm proofreading an area I've built, or when I get one of my photo-phobic headaches and can't tolerate light. I map out areas on paper, or with a paint program. That way I can also take notes on things that might be in the rooms.
Two rules to live by:
Don't sweat the petty stuff.
Don't pet the sweaty stuff.

A third rule to live by:
Don't do ANYTHING you don't want to admit and/or explain to a paramedic

fernao
Champion

#7 Post by fernao » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:10 am

Have been using TinyFugue since I started mudding over 20 years ago. I still love it. I use tons of makros, aliases and other stuff, e.g. to create hp/mana/fatigue bars.

Here a sample screenshot:
Life is but a butterflies dream

lili
Experienced

#8 Post by lili » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:31 pm

I use mush right now, since i blew up my desk top.. zmud is what I like the most, much easier to work with for me and to map.

My mush always crashes on my laptop and i lose all my alias/triggers! and i have to sit for nearly an hour putting them all back in again. It is annoying :( and it gets me killed! Though it could be just this crappy windows 7
(= You guys need to vote =)

Eluriel
Master

#9 Post by Eluriel » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:44 am

I use gmud, cause I never bothered to look for a better client, and I only really use basic stuff anyway. I was just happy it had color when I first got it. ;)

Anyone know of any other good free clients?

Something that would be nice: an easy way to capture text, like select all. I hate having to scroll back in gmud to capture text and copy/paste. Especially if it's during some cool rp I want to save, I have to take the time out to scroll back, which means I'm missing the cool rp!

Orodreth
Journeyman

#10 Post by Orodreth » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:24 am

fernao wrote:Have been using TinyFugue since I started mudding over 20 years ago. I still love it. I use tons of makros, aliases and other stuff, e.g. to create hp/mana/fatigue bars.

Here a sample screenshot:
[img]picture[img]
Do you constantly spam 'hp'?

fernao
Champion

#11 Post by fernao » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:39 am

If you consider hp-triggers spam, yes.
Life is but a butterflies dream

Drayn
Hero

#12 Post by Drayn » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:52 pm

@fernao

Ubuntu user, good man :D

Have you ever tried tintin++?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Drayn on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Orodreth
Journeyman

#13 Post by Orodreth » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:52 am

You guys and your map displays. I have pretty much the entire game mapped out in my head.

Drayn
Hero

#14 Post by Drayn » Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Mapping in my head makes my brain meat hurt. I need some visual cue or I get confused.

Since the map I'm much more familiar with my surroundings. I can find my way about the major cities without the mapper (and frequently do when it decides to go insane). It's become a comfort thing, if the map screws up I feel lost, despite knowing where I am :D

luminier
Overlord

#15 Post by luminier » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Orodreth wrote:You guys and your map displays. I have pretty much the entire game mapped out in my head.

Ya it's totally easy once you've played enough.

+1
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

ramandu
Professional

#16 Post by ramandu » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:11 am

I enjoy not mapping and rping Ram has a lousy direction sense unless he goes there a great deal. It tends to make the power gamers in the party impatient' but it's fun.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

glasp
Professional

#17 Post by glasp » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:36 pm

Eluriel wrote:Something that would be nice: an easy way to capture text, like select all. I hate having to scroll back in gmud to capture text and copy/paste. Especially if it's during some cool rp I want to save, I have to take the time out to scroll back, which means I'm missing the cool rp!
I use the crystal client ( http://www.evilmagic.org/crystal ) with some simple local patches. It has essentially "no features" except split input/output fields like telnet (and the split is really nice). You can do some very basic keybinds and I think there's a scripting extension in lua for triggers/timers/etc, but I never bothered to use it. I'm not using it anyway.. just basic color and some old-fashioned telnet. But it has a nifty "dump scrollback to file" which you can use to save the text in your session (or just activate logging from the start of course).