Old Shoes (And Picture Postcards)

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

matusalem
Master

Old Shoes (And Picture Postcards)

#1 Post by matusalem » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:45 pm

While trying my best not to be too specific or come off as too whiney, I reckon it's time that I as a player should be hitting the old dusty trail in terms of Geas. In the past year, there have been numerous changes made to the game that have seriously hindered my enjoyment of it, and the general rule of thumb seems to be if you don't like something, then you can shove off. That's fair enough.

To make myself perfectly clear, Geas has simply the best player-base of any of these games. Quite frankly, it has a player-base it doesn't deserve. I've been very dissatisfied with things in the game for a while now, but the sole reason I come back is the players and literally nothing else. Unfortunately, the best aspect of the game has been overshadowed by its other poorer aspects. It is no longer enjoyable.

So, while I don't want to make one of those I'll-never-be-back-ever speeches, I don't imagine Matusalem or Rudolpho will be making any appearances in Forostar in the foreseeable future; however, I can't say I won't check in on the forums from time to time, because as I said, the players are cool beans.

Take it easy,
Jackson.

Post Script: Any players who catch the reference in the subject header, you're even cooler beans than I originally thought.
You hear a voice speaking in your mind, telling you "So-and-so is a traitor and
an enemy of the Crusade. The punishment for this crime is death. Go and
execute our will!"

luminier
Overlord

Re: Old Shoes (And Picture Postcards)

#2 Post by luminier » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:22 pm

better get your ass back here. (and i didn't get the reference, but I don't think i can go up anymore in the cool books.)
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Eluriel
Master

#3 Post by Eluriel » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:00 am

:(

Olrane
Champion

#4 Post by Olrane » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:49 am

Having made pretty much the same post a short while back, I'll echo the sentiment...the players have made this game what it is. I still participate on the forums occasionally because this is one of my communities, for better or for worse.