To the Wizards

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

Yngwe
Apprentice

Re: To the Wizards

#21 Post by Yngwe » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:17 pm

It's been said that the only one who likes change is a wet baby.

Glasp, don't stop man. Nothing gets better without trying something. And that small vocal group will always sound off. They're not happy if stuff is left the same, and they're not happy when things change. Their problem is not the changes you're making to "their" mud. Their problem is not you, man.

I know they'll say, "Hey man, we were just offering ways to make it better." They've likely never had to stand in a place where people were 'offering help' when they created something. Using a serrated knife to "offer help" isn't the way to assist someone who is crafting fine sculpture. And a guy can't be a constructive part of a community like Geas without learning to see things through more eyes than just their own.

You're sharpening pencils, man. Things are good as they are, but it's ALWAYS good to sharpen pencils.
"If it ain't broke don't fix it" is stupid. If it ain't broke, it will be - if improvements are not being made continuously.

So don't stop Glasp. And Turian. And Per. And all you guys who stand back there with the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain.

'Cause man, this stuff is tasty. Seriously. I can't put this plate down!

Delia
Overlord

#22 Post by Delia » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:16 pm

I must say my greatest praises to the whole GEAS crew. I had great expectations and I was thoroughly humbled when I discovered how low my bar was set and how excellently my meager mind was humbled. Thusly, I salute you. *bows humbly*
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

krelji
Hero

#23 Post by krelji » Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:23 am

This whole event left me awestruck, and I can't thank and praise those involved
in it enough for it. I think we all had great expectations, but none of us could
have anticipated what was waiting for us.
All knowledge is heresy. Yes, you heard me correctly.
It is the nature of religions to thrive on ignorance.

Delia
Overlord

#24 Post by Delia » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:35 am

I also thoroughly enjoy all the small changes and additions that make the world seem more alive and generate a feeling that actions have consequences in a broader sense as well. I like :)
"To be is to do" - Sokrates
"To do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra

glorfindel
Hero

#25 Post by glorfindel » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:33 pm

I can only agree. I enjoy the dynamic world very much.

Olrane
Champion

#26 Post by Olrane » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey folks, just poked my head in to see what's up.

I know I was a very vocal complainer, but I honestly do think that the wizards, especially Glasp, have been making tremendous strides lately (and I'm sure there's much more that I don't know about).

It takes a lot to be so devoted to the RP even when you're resisted from apparently all sides. For many of us, it was more a shock than anything to have such an active hand when the GMs had been mostly absent for so long in terms of actual game design.

Sorry for being a prick back then; good luck and keep fighting the good fight, wizzies.

Sairina
Hero

#27 Post by Sairina » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:00 am

It's been said that the only one who likes change is a wet baby.
Not true. I met one yesterday, and they scream their head off because they're uncomfortable and they don't get that what you're doing will make things better for them. Pretty much the same as mud players do when the wizards change their game, really.