IMPORTANT

Feeling lonely and want to chat? That's your place to go then. Can't be off-topic enough to not be posted here.

Moderator: Wizards

luminier
Overlord

IMPORTANT

#1 Post by luminier » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:49 pm

For those having trouble logging on the Geas Forum, use Firefox.

Per and myself have both experienced problems with IE and Google Chrome, but, Firefox seems to allow you to log in and register as normal.

Have fun forum chatting!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

luminier
Overlord

Re: IMPORTANT

#2 Post by luminier » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:10 pm

poPhelan just informed me that using FF still doesn't work for him, so there must be a bigger problem... Not sure what!
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

Eluriel
Master

#3 Post by Eluriel » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:53 pm

I was just going to say that recently I've had to click on the "Login" button when I go to the forum, even though I have it marked as automatically logging me in each time I visit. When I click on "login" it refreshes the page and acts as if I'm logged in though. Just today I tried the same thing and it took me to the login page though. And I tried logging in and it acts as if I haven't entered anything. I usually use an older version of Firefox. Right now I'm having to log in with IE though.

Allurana
Hero

#4 Post by Allurana » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:15 pm

For those that can't log in using their main browser, try deleting all cookies associated with this site, and then attempt to login again. This resolved the problem for me.

(This seems to be why alternative browsers are working for some- they don't have existing cookies tied to the site).

Eluriel
Master

#5 Post by Eluriel » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:17 am

Hm... it worked, sort of, by clearing the cookies from s95103930.onlinehome.us. I still had to log in twice though.

Sairina
Hero

#6 Post by Sairina » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:03 pm

Having the exact same problems as Eluriel here, also with Firefox. Had to log in on every visit for a while, and since yesterday I couldn't log in any more at all. Seems to be fine now, though...?

Eluriel
Master

#7 Post by Eluriel » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:01 am

Yep, seems like it's logging me in automatically again. Yea. I guess clearing the cookies worked, or else they fixed something. :)